Boost controller questions

-

Freighttrain

Reaction score
Has anyone used the innovate SCG-1 boost controller?

Curious how good this is, if anyone has used it what are the positives and negatives you’ve had with it.

I’m really liking the features especially the ability for it to cut boost if the AFR gets lean.

65F29E39-2189-4D20-857A-AAB78481418F.png

Im not familiar with it but I read the data sheet and skimmed the install doc quickly. Seems like a nice package for a carb blow through application. Seems the boost control solenoid is included. Judging by the docs, it’s the same off the shelf solenoid I and everyone else uses.
I wonder if for the same money a Microsquirt might be a better investment? You’d get more features and control (think rev limiter, 2 step, etc) with a trade off of not having the all in one packaging of the Innovate. You’d still need an O2 sensor, solenoid and some kind of display.

I have not used that controller but I do use the innovate DLG-1 dual wideband and I was looking for a boost controller that would integrate with it. Might have a winner with that SCG-1. I’m going to call them and see if they’ll work together.

-
Back