Borgeson ps box user questions

-

496 polara

moparts id gch
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those of you running a Borgeson ps box with a big block,How much header clearance do you gain? Anyone able to run larger under chassis headers with this box?
I may be too thick headed to realize I can't do a 440 and 1 7/8 or 2 inch headers without going to manual steering or fenderwell headers .

I don’t know about big block but you don’t gain any with small block. Not sure on the latest rendition of the borgeson but earlier ones required clearancing for tti’s to fit as the box albeit smaller was actually located in a different position (closer to the column and the engine) than oem. So all these manufacturers that spend time calculating where stock location manual and power steering boxes are for their header R&D is out the window.
I was looking at the north box too but decided to rebuild my oem power steering box and stick with stock. I didn’t like the angle at which the input shaft was to the steering shaft and also didn’t like that I would also likely have to upgrade the power steering from federal to Saginaw as apparently the borg box likes the pressure of the Saginaw. if memory serves i think you need to end up buying a cooler for the power steering pump too as the Borg runs hotter. Some people also complained about the Borg being whiny and or noisy.

post 5 or 6 shows some issues
Ever use a Borgeson power steering kit for a big block Dart conversion?

In my 66 Barracuda 273 SB the Borgeson box gave my DOUG’s headers on the small block a lot of room and saved about 14-15 lbs. Because of this room my ps fluid temp dropped almost 20degrees from the Firm Feel level 2 box I had in there. I can wrap my hand around the box now with the headers in place and could not with factory box. Also car steers soooo much better.
Syleng1

-
Back