bought 64 1/2 Barracuda today

-

bill paynter

67 Cuda
Reaction score
I bought a 641/2 Barracuda today, :toothy7: unfortunatly they removed the VIN tag from door jam, :angry4: where else on the car can I find a vin number.
otherwise I guess it will be a parts car.
Also, does anyone know where I can get info from the 'cowl tag'/body tag/fender tag? Like to know exactly what I got...

any help is appreciated :toothy7:

nice car i hope you dont have to part it out check drivers door

Picture 253.jpg

try the evbc site-- it has some info on fender tags----------http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/tag.htm

There either is or were 7 tags in all if I remember right. check under the ash tray, the drivers corner of the dash where it meets the windshield, the engine bay (left inner fender)...

I found where it's supposed to be but someone drilled out the rivets holding the tag on drivers door, was the Vin number stamped anywhere else????
the idiot that had this car tore it completely apart and then lost interest.

I paid $400 for the car, I figure worse case I could part it out.
Man I woud hate to do that

Speaking of VIN#s & fender tags, I have 2 1965 Barracudas. The VIN & fender tags are almost identical on both cars. Turns out they were both made in the same plant on the same day. What are the odds of that?

I sure hope you get your new 'cuda straightened out. It would be a shame to have to use it just for parts.

wow what are the odds they are made same plant same day :headbang: just keep searching your bound to find something good luck man

bill not sure what state you live in,,you should be able to get a new vin ID from your state,,if you have a title,i wouldnt sweat it,, i have a 1940 dodge street rod with no vin tagg,,my 66 b cuda has a non factory vin tagg as well it was re-issued to me long story,,but can be done save that car,,,,

also you can find the serial number on the radiator cros support bAR,and i believe in the rear of the car either in the trunk jam,,or under the inner panels under the back window,under the colored trim on drivers side,its been a long time since i have looked i hope im correct,,,save that 64,,,,good luck,,don

-
Back