bought a 68 gts

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
I found a 68 gts on craigslist, was a 340 now 318 .040 over w/ 10.25:1 kb's, 509 purple shaft, weiand tunnel ram w/holley 450's, 3000 stall, and a four link with a 5:88 spool!! 31x18x15 mickey thompson's on a ford 9" (oh, well!!) and a 8 point cage. And I got it for a song! Now I plan to detune a bit, 272 cam, 2200 stall, and some 3:89 gears, airgap, and a 4.00" crank!! that should turn those mickey's well and still be somewhat freeway friendly! Or so I hope! I love the tubbed look that it has, but I don't want to do wheelies every time I leave a light! It has comp engineering wheelie bars right now, but they probably would not be well accepted by San Jose's finest, plus I want to actually drive my dart alot! so any advice on the elusive balance I seek between power, (a fearsome street machine style setup) and a setup I can take on the freeway when I choose, without an absence of low end torque like I have now, would be welcome! Thanks, and some pic's are on the way. :burnout:

here is one picture

DSCN4089.jpg

I think I may hang on to these wheelie bars, even though I plan to make this car streetable, they are really cool!! It will be fun just to put them on at car shows, for looks! ha! how vain is that? With the current combo it will lift off, but I plan to switch to 3:70's or even 3:50's if things look right so I can roll on the 101!! but thanks for asking.

-
Back