Bought an A-body after 3 years without

-

cudazappa

Reaction score
I registered a long time ago and my name was in the system... go figure...

anyways, back then I owned a 64 cuda. Sold that because I was knee deep in my 79 Chrysler 300 and didn't see myself ever moving back to the cuda...

Well, lately I was looking for something more economical than my Ram pickup, and also wanted something with a bit of style not found in newer cars. Also, I could afford it and play with it cheaply. Like a late 70s A-body.

I bought a 76 Dart a few weeks ago, but on the way home it occurred to me it was rather rough (about the same time the upper radiator neck hack solder job let go). Even better was that night I learned of a 75 Scamp for sale, a li'l more expensive, a LOT more solid. So I put a deposit on the Scamp (still haven't picked it up) and sold the Dart to a local Dart lover (his a 69, hers a 75) just recently.

Now I'm among the ranks again. with a lowly slant/auto no less. and 4 wheel drum brakes. It'll be my daily driver/autox car until my E-body is ready and I'll be putzing around here asking silly questions... and looking for parts... and posting silly pictures of cone-dodging...

Welcome back!! and hope you keep us updated.
I am still waiting on my lowly slant/auto no less. and 4 wheel drum brakes
Valiant:clock: Jump on back in and enjoy:cheers:

yup. I'm still on the MML. Going on 10 years now... LOL

thanks for the welcome all. I'm eagerly waiting to go down with my new (to me) dolly and pick it up.

Better mileage (till you put the big motor in) and fun to play with. After you get everything changed around will you call her Evelyn a modified dog? Maybe you could get help working on her. Ronnie helping, Kenny helping, Bernie poots away. Our older cars do have some style. Most of the new cars all look the same. You can't really tell one from another. Grilles and bumpers all look the same to me. You will have to post some pictures of the A and E bodies both. We all like pics here. Good luck them. Ray

I registered a long time ago and my name was in the system... go figure...

anyways, back then I owned a 64 cuda. Sold that because I was knee deep in my 79 Chrysler 300 and didn't see myself ever moving back to the cuda...

Well, lately I was looking for something more economical than my Ram pickup, and also wanted something with a bit of style not found in newer cars. Also, I could afford it and play with it cheaply. Like a late 70s A-body.

I bought a 76 Dart a few weeks ago, but on the way home it occurred to me it was rather rough (about the same time the upper radiator neck hack solder job let go). Even better was that night I learned of a 75 Scamp for sale, a li'l more expensive, a LOT more solid. So I put a deposit on the Scamp (still haven't picked it up) and sold the Dart to a local Dart lover (his a 69, hers a 75) just recently.

Now I'm among the ranks again. with a lowly slant/auto no less. and 4 wheel drum brakes. It'll be my daily driver/autox car until my E-body is ready and I'll be putzing around here asking silly questions... and looking for parts... and posting silly pictures of cone-dodging...

i look forward to those pictures!

are you the autocrosser from over at style?

yup, I am he. I had no ride this season, until MAYBE very late w/ my Challenger. I figured a stock A-body would be fine for F-stock, then a few mods in do well in E/Street Prepared. Or a lot of mods later (aka snowball effect) be faster in the Scamp than in the Challenger in C/Prepared

Better mileage (till you put the big motor in) and fun to play with. After you get everything changed around will you call her Evelyn a modified dog? Maybe you could get help working on her. Ronnie helping, Kenny helping, Bernie poots away. Our older cars do have some style. Most of the new cars all look the same. You can't really tell one from another. Grilles and bumpers all look the same to me. You will have to post some pictures of the A and E bodies both. We all like pics here. Good luck them. Ray

Yeah, the snowball effect. I'm thinking a nice 'teen with a 600cfm center hung float holley, light internals and headers and dual exhaust... Oh, what are those other projects in the garage?

i look forward to those pictures!

I'll post 'em! My club takes 'em at every meet. Funny thing, people missed me bringing the Diplomat out!

Welcome to the board ... Valiants rule

I almost bought a 68 coupe in 98 for $100. But I had no room (still lived with the 'rents) or cash (broke college boy) Honestly the only car I can say I turned away that I shouldn't have.

Welcome back. You were one of the originals.

Original what? Goofballs? LOL. I was an F-body guy before A-body, then I migrated to Late-Bs, now I have a bunch of 'em! and even more in between! This is like my 31st or 32nd Mopar...

sorry all, went to get the car and it was a bondo and fiberglass bucket, so no a-bodies for me.

-
Back