Bought my swinger back!

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Hey there guys. Good to be back on the site! Haven't been on since about 2013-ish..
I posted this in another thread because I can't remember where it belongs but here goes. Sold my dart around 4-5 years ago. Finally bought it back after all these years. It's came with some issues lol.

Since I've gotten it, I've put a carb on it and fired it up once. It fired up and stayed on til I turned it off. I tried to again and it fired up but starter kept spinning. Didn't stop til I pulled the cable off the battery.

So I then went to put the cable back on and I get the same issue. Starter just spins and spins and spins.
Doesn't crank the motor, just spins and makes the high pitch whine sound. Only way it stops is if I pull the positive cable. Would this be a starter issue or a starter relay issue?

Doesn't turn the motor. Just makes the signature whine sound. Any help would be appreciated!

Glad to be back and own another mopar again, and specifically my old car. Never thought I'd see it again.

This is a before
image.jpeg

Hey there guys. Good to be back on the site! Haven't been on since about 2013-ish..
I posted this in another thread because I can't remember where it belongs but here goes. Sold my dart around 4-5 years ago. Finally bought it back after all these years. It's came with some issues lol.

Since I've gotten it, I've put a carb on it and fired it up once. It fired up and stayed on til I turned it off. I tried to again and it fired up but starter kept spinning. Didn't stop til I pulled the cable off the battery.

So I then went to put the cable back on and I get the same issue. Starter just spins and spins and spins.
Doesn't crank the motor, just spins and makes the high pitch whine sound. Only way it stops is if I pull the positive cable. Would this be a starter issue or a starter relay issue?

Doesn't turn the motor. Just makes the signature whine sound. Any help would be appreciated!

Glad to be back and own another mopar again, and specifically my old car. Never thought I'd see it again.

This is a before View attachment 1714955814
SWEET
Nice to have you back...

New starter?

SWEET
Nice to have you back...

New starter?
Not exactly sure, I've posted somewhere else in the mopar general discussion and I've been told to take a wire off my relay. Not sure if that's it. But it's gonna be a pain since the car has long tube headers.. All the work to remove the starter

-
Back