Bought rebuild 383, any idea on the specs?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, i bought a rebuilt 383 today and i am trying to figure out the specs without completely tearing it apart. According to the seller the engine was rebuilt 4 years ago (never fired) used a eagle kit and rebuilt to stock specs. with a 484 purple cam. Heads were rebuilt and given a 3 angle valve job. So i decided to take a gamble and i picked it up today.

So i was presently surprised today. Engine actually looks pretty good. Came with a Edelbrock Performer 383 intake. removed the intake & Head looks brand new. The pistons are flat top's 30 over. And are purple cam's actually purple? as the cam looked purple. So i was planning on getting new pistons and alum heads etc... But after inspecting it i think i may just get new gaskets and run it as it. Any idea if this looks like a stock rebuild?

What intake should i use? (Edelbrock Performer 383 or Holley Street Dominator? or something else?)

Is there a bad or good gasket set? Same with Headgaskets?

Thanks
Ryan

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 109
  • engine1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 132
everything looks good and new.i would use the elderbrock 383 manifold. head gasket looks just fine to.

-
Back