Bought some land, now comes a shop!

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I bought 2 acres of land last night in the country off a hard surfaced road. Kind of spendy but worth it. I'm gonna build a 40x80 stick built shop for the toy's and then this fall build a new house. The property is awesome. I'm also putting in a hoist and a paint bay. I hope to have the building up by end of may. Then I'll finish the inside myself. I can't wait.

Make the shop bigger with a bath room and a cot in the corner. Dont forget the fridge for the beer and a small TV. Thats all you need.

GotDart said:
And your having trouble spending $800? :scratch:

Was just thinking the same thing!

Sounds cool on the big shop, keep us posted with pics! I am looking into the same thing right now. I want to tear down my tiny 1.5 car garage and build the biggest garage I can put up hopefully around a 3.5 car garage. I live within city limits in a city known for strict and crazy building codes, so this could get ugly. We will see if what I want and what I get will be the same thing.

BARRACUDA340S said:
I bought 2 acres of land last night in the country off a hard surfaced road. Kind of spendy but worth it. I'm gonna build a 40x80 stick built shop for the toy's and then this fall build a new house. The property is awesome. I'm also putting in a hoist and a paint bay. I hope to have the building up by end of may. Then I'll finish the inside myself. I can't wait.
Make sure you get the electic and plumbing in also, and a furnace for when it gets cold. Cable for the tv, and internet, and a camera so we can watch you work in the garage.

Just a suggestion- use attic trusses for part, if not all, of the roof, and you'll gain a ton of storage space, without having to put stuff on the bottom chord of the standard truss, which isn't really designed to carry a load. If you go with a high enough roof pitch, you could even put an apartment above, and have a place to stay when you get thrown out of the house for spending too much time in the shop! :lol:

and a set of steps to go in to your storage area! and lights up there, too. and a compressor closet to keep the noise down, and......

Why not incorporate the shop into your house? I work in a high end custom cabinet shop and have seen some crazy stuff people have done with their houses. We did a house once that owner could pull his Lambogini right into his house and you could see if from any room in the house. You could eat dinner in the car while you watch the big screen tv, or relax in the hot tub while just a few feet from it. We are doing a house right now that has a basketball court inside of it. Personally I would make better use of that kind of space but everyone has there thing.

-
Back