Boy, did i get hammered....

-
SpyBot Search and Destroy , it's free ,it's constantly updated and supported by Safe Hex programmers all over the world , if you get a false window of any kind restart in safe mode and run it problem solved , I have the Commercial Pro version of AVG running full time and Spybot will run routine checks along side it with no problems , I torrent constantly and have never lost a byte or a second of use since I added it last year.
PS it is supported through donations so if you use it and it works for you {which it will } a couple of bucks through paypal isn't a bad thing eh ! And no I am not affiliated to them in any way .

Small Block, I've had a few issues with viruses and unfortunately can't fix it myself yet, but I'm learning.

$60 to clean it up sounds like a bargain to me.

I posted in the other thread too.
And this is what I do for a living, so I see it every day.
Malwarebytes and Ccleaner go a looong way towards avoiding being infected if you run them on a fairly regular basis, (But most people are just too lazy to do the maint)
So they end up paying us.

Most people don't realize that Malwarebytes can clean an already infected computer if you start the comp in safe mode and then use Malwarebytes.
I have other tools also, for the more serious infections if needed but between Malwarebytes and Comodo AV it usually gets the job done.

Can the free version of malwarebytes be downloaded alongside my virus protection program? Sorry if this is a dumb question.....just don't want to screw anything up :-k

I've used the free edition of SuperAntiSpyware for a few months now, and it found several problems my Malwarebytes never found!

I do know that most of my adware and spyware found on this computer comes from FABO. How do I know this? Because I've run it before launching FABO and had none, and immediately after closing FABO run it again ... it always finds and removes around 200 unwanted programs.

Maybe this would help???

Attachments

• IMG_3550 (Medium).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 85
SpyBot Search and Destroy , it's free ,it's constantly updated and supported by Safe Hex programmers all over the world , if you get a false window of any kind restart in safe mode and run it problem solved , I have the Commercial Pro version of AVG running full time and Spybot will run routine checks along side it with no problems , I torrent constantly and have never lost a byte or a second of use since I added it last year.
PS it is supported through donations so if you use it and it works for you {which it will } a couple of bucks through paypal isn't a bad thing eh ! And no I am not affiliated to them in any way .

AMAZING program. LINK!!! I have been using it for many many many years now.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Right NOW
That usually means someone is using your account besides you.

I woke my computer up from sleep and seen this :shock: What the hell!!!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please, I don't even use chat or have another device :shock:

That can mean someone is using your account, but it could be accidental if you have multiple computers. You might want to check what your security questions are though because if someone knows just a little bit about you, they can access your account through your security questions.

Also, I've seen some pretty devious "phishing" programs that will actually infect your computer if you hit the "ok" button. This could be one of those types of scripts. They also like to masquerade as genuine windows alerts.

When it comes to AV software, I'm a big fan of Bitdefender. It is a pretty all inclusive software for people who aren't very computer savvy. It's also low maintenance for people who are lazy or forgetful.

Advanced System Care is a good program for cleaning your computer up and you set the level and options you want cleaned.No anti-virus on the free version but fixes malware junk files,privacy sweeper and registry fix to name a few.

-
Back