Braided AN hose

-
Sorry I posted Stainless so had to edit this. . Only thing I've found is Kevlar so far.. Otherwise Stainless

Im not so sure the Nylon would stand up to the pressures, so that might be why its not made.

I found that same thing, but he is looking for nylon braid, not stainless braid. Hence why I had to edit my post LOL

Go to page 36 of this catalog:
[ame="http://fragolaperformancesystems.com/catalog/fragola-performance-catalog.pdf"]http://fragolaperformancesystems.com/catalog/fragola-performance-catalog.pdf[/ame]

Thanks guys. I'm really just looking for an alternative to the standard stainless braided ptfe hose. It doesn't look like any of the big hose companies make something like that. Thanks again.

What do you need it for?

I use Russell Proclassic, it's great. It's black braided nylon hose with I think a teflon/rubber inner. Not exactly sure if it is PTFE per se, but it would probably work for whatever you need it for. It's high pressure/temp rated, NHRA accepted etc. Easy to work with too. Most of the companies that you buy fittings and hose ends from carry this type of hose. Earl's, Russell, Aeroquip, Fragola, XRP etc.

Read about it here.

There's also socketless but that's not braided style.

I'll be using it to plumb my transmission cooler. I'll have to look into the Proclassic line. Thanks!

I actually used Russell Twist-Lok on my cooler lines in conjunction with hard lines. Twist Lok is a socketless type hose, so no outer braiding but it's tough stuff.

The fittings can be a bear to put on actually, you need to heat the end of the hose and lubricate it. Only way to get it off is to cut it.

I also used this type of hose between the fuel tank pickup outlet and the filter at the rear of the car.

Here's a pic of my cooler set up when I built it. You can see the hose I am referring to at the lower left connecting the hard lines from the case to the rad support.

IMG_9734800x534_zpscb1f4e63.jpg

-----------------------------------------Summit------------------------------------------:finga:

Only Summit for us Canadian guys...they do Fed-ex with no unexpected costs at time of delivery. Jegs won't even let you calculate estimated shipping charges, since they apparently could give a crap if they got international customers. That and Jegs webpage is user UN-friendly and prices are the same. Rant over. LOL

Can't imagine there would any advantage to buying one particular parts house brand over another besides an almost negligent difference in price. Neither of those places manufacture their own stuff.

Regardless, whatever brand you decide on, try to get the related components from the same manufacturer. Generally if you mix fittings/adapters/hose/ends they will play nice but every once in a while you can run into a mismatch between brands.

I wasn't really posting about house brands. My point was that regular nylon braided -AN fuel line will work just fine for transmission cooler lines, no matter the brand. It doesn't need to be PTFE to do the job. Bob got me on the rant about Jegs...lol.

Mopowers, sorry for my little hijack ;) That hose you picked will do the trick!

-
Back