Braided brake line issues

-

n00blike

Reaction score
I have a 74 Duster with factory front disks and read drums.

So this weekend I tried to get my brakes in order. It was going ok until I got to bleeding the brakes.

I got some front Braided brake lines (not sure from where it was a while ago) but they are a PIA. The ones I got have a a few spots were they need to be tightened.
1) the adapter from the hard line to the braided line
2) the braided line to the banjo fitting

Does anyone know were I can get some with out these two joints? It seems like they are just more places that can come lose.

I saw a video on youtube where the lines didnt have them but they were lines for bikes.

Also I installed speed bleeders because I have been using them on another car with a lot of success. But not this time.

After bleeding I have a helper pump the brakes a few times. It was all good until he pumped it for the 5th time. After the fifth time the speed bleeder shot out brake fluid! it was tightened down all the way WTF!

Has anyone ells had this issue? I have used these before with out any issue but now im worried.

In summery
1) Where can I get braided brake lines, with no additional threaded joints.
2) Would you recommend Russell bleeders over speed bleeders? Or just stick to the normal bleeders? (I will be doing auto crossing with this car)

Thanks for the help

I got some front Braided brake lines (not sure from where it was a while ago) but they are a PIA. The ones I got have a a few spots were they need to be tightened.
1) the adapter from the hard line to the braided line
2) the braided line to the banjo fitting

Flex brake lines with joints?? What were they thinking when they designed these? I would never run a flex brake line with parts that could come loose in the center.

Pure crap.I live near Pismo Beach(4x4's,buggies,atvs).Everyone who installs a lift,buys these damn things.They go over a dune,pull the braided hose out of the crimp.To me,I would think the harder surface of braided( compared to rubber),would be more likely to slip against the crimp,(again,compared to rubber).

-
Back