Braided stainless dummy

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
All these years and I never worked with braided stainless, and I know NOTHING.

So I need to run stainless from a 3/8 in factory type fuel pick up at the tank, to the fuel pump(Edelbrock mechanical) which has 3/8NPT fittings.

I THINK I'm stuck using 6AN line due to the 3/8 diameter pick up. I really wanted to go with 8AN if possible.

What fittings and such do I need? The Summit catalog just confuses the hell outta me.:sad2:

You can adapt the line to whatever size fittings you need. Having bigger line can't hurt you...

What kind of fitting is on the pickup?

There are half inch pickups available now. Then you could run a 3/8 npt to 8 an adapter in the pump to acheive your goal.

Another alternative is a short 6 an hose from the pickup to a canister filter and go in canister 6 an and come out 8 an to the pump. Then canister can help with volume demand of the bigger line.

I would run a 3/8" steel or aluminum hard line from the tank to just short of the pump. Then use a hard line adpater to go from hard line to SS flex then to the fuel pump. Tamraz on ebay has the 1/2" pickups for $59. If you do the 1/2" I'd still run the hard line.

Just put a brand new 3/8 pick up in the tank. It's the factory type with just a 3/8 stainless pipe end to hook up to.

My pump is the Edelbrock Performer RPM 110 GPH mechanical pump. Talked to those guys today and they say the pump is designed to work with 6AN line. 500 horsepower should be no problem for that set up.(so they say) I think the 6AN should slip right over my pick up...clamp it, and done at that end.

500Stroker has a good idea, but I'm not sure a mechanical pump will pull through a cannister filter.

1/2 inch line is way overkill for a 500HP stroker...in my opinion.
icon7.gif

-
Back