Brake and hub removal

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I take everything off of my car to remove and replace the upper and lower ball joints. I find this insulation piece of foam in between the backing plate and the hub assembly. What the hell is it? Its pretty trashed and I had to peel it off. Whats it called so I can find them new? Thanks in advance

So I take everything off of my car to remove and replace the upper and lower ball joints. I find this insulation piece of foam in between the backing plate and the hub assembly. What the hell is it? Its pretty trashed and I had to peel it off. Whats it called so I can find them new? Thanks in advance

I think it's just a gasket...

I save the styrofoam sheets when I buy electronics and cut my own gaskets for those....

So if you don't have any styrofoam sheets, go buy yourself something electronic so you can use the styrofoam sheet that it's packed in to make a gasket....

Maybe a nice widescreen tv would have a large enough styrofoam sheet.... Wink, wink, nudge, nudge..... Man cave, nudge, nudge.... :D

Thats not a bad idea...we are way overdue for a new TV...hahaha

Does this gasket thing go between the backing plate and the spindle? That's where I found them and had to literally peel them off of spindle assembly

They used that same thin foam material at a lot of the thicker metal to sheet metal joins. Rear bumper brackets to body, master cylinder to firewall, etc... Just to fill small voids I guess.

-
Back