brake bleeding help....

-

StevieMac

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 65 Barracuda that I am replacing the front brakes on. I'm switching from 10" drums to a wilwood disc brake lit. I have replaced the entire front kit, new pads, wheel cylinders and drums on the back, new lines from the master cylinder to the junction box and then to the wheels and even a new master cylinder. Now, when I bleed the brakes, I get fluid out of the rear drums as you are supposed to. When I try the wilwood calipers, I get nothing. I am bleeding from the top screw farthest from the line. If I disconnect the line to the caliper, I get fluid. There is no right or left caliper that I can see, but does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I'm not being patient enough, but 30 minutes of opening pump and hold, tighten should do the trick...

Thanks!!!

Try closed, 3 semi-slow pumps & hold, then open.
OR
try open with a full reservoir and a hose on the bleed nipple, let it sit for 20-30 mins periodically making sure that the reservoir doesn't run dry.

Tried bleader valves? Check valves that only purge, dont suck. What m/c and combo/prop valve are you using? Smaller reservoir is for drums on 2 reservoir m/c. I got a 65 with 67 disc too.

Well, lets just chalk this one up to me being a dumb a$$... Never installed or bleed Wilwood brakes before. The bleed screws sit in another screw and I was loosing the wrong screw....

Thanks everyone. My stupidity overwhelms me here...

-
Back