Brake cylinders

-

rklein383

Reaction score
My 67 notchie has a bbp 8 1/4 in it. The brake cylinders are rusted tight. Are the brake cylinders the same from a 8 3/4 rear end. Just need to know so I can buy replacements.

Also, my 8 1/4 has a limited slip in it. Will the rear end be okay with a mild 440 or do I need to upgrade to an 8 3/4.

Thanks,
Rod

My 67 notchie has a bbp 8 1/4 in it. The brake cylinders are rusted tight. Are the brake cylinders the same from a 8 3/4 rear end. Just need to know so I can buy replacements.

Also, my 8 1/4 has a limited slip in it. Will the rear end be okay with a mild 440 or do I need to upgrade to an 8 3/4.

Thanks,
Rod

Wheel cylinders are brake specific. If you have 10" brakes, buy that wheel cylinder. Make sure you get the ones for the rear; the front wheel cylinders have the line and bleeder valve in a different configuration (angled).

I don't know about an 8 1/4 behind a 440, man. Maybe if you don't abuse it (you're a Mopar guy, so don't bank on that). I broke one in a Dakota behind a 360 magnum. Caught a little grip and zip, There goes the pinion gear.

-
Back