brake drums

-
The diff came out of a 70 duster, 8.75 i measure the shoes at 10x2.00 and the drums measure 10x2.25 and have the sbp 5x4 all new shoes and hardware thinking about ordering some axles with the bbp 5x4.5 just wanna know if there are drums this size with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

The "A" body 8 cylinders -- standard used 10" x 2 1/4" in the Front &
10" x 1 3/4" in the Rear.....
They are all "Small bolt pattern" --- 5 x 4 ......

In the big bolt pattern world -- there is N O 10" x 2 1/4" ....
and the only BBP 10" x 1 3/4" was the "B" body 6 cylinder Rear -- and those brake drums are VERY pricey.....
You are N O T going to convert to that ---- trust me.....

Make sure the center register on the new axles match the drums.

You can't mix and match BBP and SBP brakes and axles. The axle flange offset is different, so the backing plate offset is different. If you buy BBP axles, you need BBP brakes UNLESS you specify that your new BBP axles have the SBP axle flange offset. But really, you don't want to do that. SBP drums are not always easy to find. Last I heard they were making them again, but for awhile they were not being reproduced. You'd be better off finding a set of 10x2.5" rear drums on a parts car, they came on all the RWD stuff up until like '89.

This is the problem. BBP axle on top, SBP A-body 8 3/4 on bottom. Re-drilling the pattern does not fix this.
BBP axle shafts.jpg

-
Back