Brake Flaring Tools

-
AA82CA9E-75A1-4E74-9D2A-0AFA7A2095BF.gif

ps I also took from tips from this video when I did a bunch of 3/16 brake lines

I bought the Amazon knock off version of this and one thing I can add is to make sure the two bars are dead even with each other when tightening the wing nuts. If I take my tool and just tighten the wing nuts without taking the time to really dial it in, one side will be 1/16" higher than the other and the flare will be garbage. Sometimes I have to reset it and try it 3 or 4 times before I'm able to get the bars at equal height.

Curious to see how it goes once I get the lines on the car. I'm not very confident that my lines are going to be leak free.

I just bought a Masterkool hydraulic flaring tool for work. It is not cheap but OMG is it incredible. Perfect double flares in less than two minutes. The ends I’ve made look better than they come with from the parts store.
View attachment 1716055199
That is my newest of several flaring tools, I've had mine a few years now and have used it a bunch

I just bought a Masterkool hydraulic flaring tool for work. It is not cheap but OMG is it incredible. Perfect double flares in less than two minutes. The ends I’ve made look better than they come with from the parts store.
View attachment 1716055199
This is the style I like ^^^^^^ I've tried the Eastwood tool. It works ok, but that one up there ^^^^^^ does a better and quicker job IMO.

I have the same tool that@schluney listed. - Sold at many places - I bought mine from summit.
It works well and can be used in tight spots on the vehicle.
Careful that the mandrel / forming pin is going into a perfectly straight section of the tube as I did have one break off one time.

I bought the same tool again and chocked that one up to user operator error.

I just ordered one of the turret style because the old Sears one I had wouldn't grip the tubing anymore no matter how much I tried to tighten it down. This is where I ordered it from, they seem to have the best price by far:

K TOOL INTERNATIONAL Brake Line Flaring Tool,70081 (KTI70081) | Zoro

1677789444233.png

I can't comment on how well it works, because I'm still about a month out on that part of my project.

-
Back