brake help

-
ok, new drums and cylinders are on, front calipers, hoses and pads, and booster/master cylinder combo. I want to run all new brake lines while I am at it. My problem is that I don't know how I will be able to run brake lines with the low clearance of jack stands. Would it be frowned upon to have my local garage run the lines and proportioning valve? I just think that they will have an easier time on a lift. I want this car to be mine, but I just think that they will be able to do this task better. Any thoughts?

Any way you get it done is the best way. I'm glad to hear that the brake job has been completed and you are changing the lines too, that shows good forsight. If you gotta take it to the hoist, man, do it. No shame in using any advantage to get the job done!!! Good luck with your project, Geof

I just think that they will have an easier time on a lift. I want this car to be mine, but I just think that they will be able to do this task better. Any thoughts?

it's your car no matter who does the work on it.

That being said you can get pretty flexible coils of brake lines from napa or alike. They usually come in 25 ft lengths. they are pretty easy to form. Flaring the lines is the hardest part, but so long as you have a good flaring tool that isn't to bad either.

I think that I should have a professional do the lines and check everything out. I am just wanting to know that my work is proper and safe.

-
Back