brake issue

-

74demon

Reaction score
I have a issue with my brake conversion im taking my 74 dart drums and putting disc on . Here where my issue starts a few years ago i got off ebay what i was told was a used 74 a body disc brake setup top control arm included so now it comes time to put them on since i put all new ball joints and etc on and guess what not for a a body the dead give away should have bin the floating caliber setup and the control arm is to wide so here is what i am thinking leave the floating caliber setup and buy the tubular upper control arm since i have already got all my seals and baring and the rotors are the same and bearings and finding a caliber bracket is not really looking like something that’s going to happen so question is dose anyone know if the floating caliber setup will work on a body?

since i have not had any help with the search and this fourm its looking like i might be the first to do this so i guess i will be ordering tubular uper control arms and hopeing every thing works corectly ...man i hope this works

I'm sorry, I can't really help you. I'm not sure if that floating caliper would work...Do you have a picture of this whole setup you have? I'd like to see what parts you have, so maybe I can get a better idea...

It shouldn't matter if they are sliders or pin type. They just need the corresponding spindle bracket. I have the sliders on my cuda with the 11.75 rotors from a cordoba.

i went and ordered everything for a 74 dart bearing seals rotors etc only things that arent gonna work are the calibers pads and upercontrol arm

-
Back