Brake lights

-

1972trucks

Reaction score
I have a 1973 all numbers matching 340 Duster sunroof car. It is finally done except for the lights. When I finally got it got it back together all that I had was both grill marker lights and the left fender top turn signal. After 3 new headlight switches and 5 new turn signal switches I now have all lights except for brake lights and hazard lights. I put a new brake light switch in but still nothing. Help please!

340-4.jpeg

Did you adjust the switch?
Also, sounds like you have many electrical issues and not a lot of experience with electrical? Every thing needs power and ground. It’s that simple. A test light and understanding how stuff works is needed. The simple answer is we cannot see what you have done or have not done on your car thru a simple post like this.
Also an electrical schematic for you car. Part swapping is not good as it causes more issues. These cars are 50 years old.
Syleng1

Questions...

1. What did you use to wire the car
  2. Do you have wiring diagrams mymopar.com has free ones or classiccarwiring.com has laminated colored ones
  3. Have you looked at "Chrysler master tech" videos? Google the term and look for videos pertaining to wiring os switches etc.
  4. Did you use LED lights anywhere

Just shooting in the dark here.

Assuming you used a stock replacement harness there are 2 flasher units, one to the left of the steering column, one to the right of the ashtray.

The left one is for the hazzard lights

The right one is for the turn signals

Did you adjust the switch?
Also, sounds like you have many electrical issues and not a lot of experience with electrical? Every thing needs power and ground. It’s that simple. A test light and understanding how stuff works is needed. The simple answer is we cannot see what you have done or have not done on your car thru a simple post like this.
Also an electrical schematic for you car. Part swapping is not good as it causes more issues. These cars are 50 years old.
Syleng1
Thank you for the reply

Thank you for your reply. The problems that I had was brand new replacement parts, multiple headlight switches and turn signal switches being bad. Now that I finally have ones that work I have all of my lights except for brake and hazard lights. I have replaced the brake light switch but still no luck. I need to put a new hazard light breaker on it. If that doesn't then I will have to chase the wiring down. I do have a full schematic but you are right I am not an auto mechanic electrician so chasing this last issue down may be a little difficult.

Well if you figured the rest out then you can figure out this last part.
Good luck.

-
Back