Brake line issues

-

VintageRacer67

1967 Dart GT 318/Auto
Reaction score
Car: 1967 Dodge Dart original 273/auto now a 318/auto. Power drum brakes/steering.

I’m approaching the home stretch of my Doc Diff front disc brake conversion. I’m installing all new brake lines from Right Stuff (purchase from Classic Industries). The lines I pulled off the master cylinder do not resemble the new lines I have in my kit. Is the kit wrong? Is my car wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Pic 1: pulled from the Dart.
Pic 2: what I got from Classic Industries.
Pic 3: the pic of the kit of as listed.

B28D33E5-649A-4D74-8D7C-712DB003E7A1.jpeg

BB654FE4-F239-4CD9-B643-537420349464.jpeg

775599C1-51E6-4238-892E-8A8B7EB8DE13.jpeg

I think they did not finish bending the 2 lines on the 2nd photo to save space in shipping.

But...

The distribution valve for 67 front disk/ drum brakes is different that the combo valve for the later model disk brake cars.

That MIGHT be the reason the lines look different than the original 67.

Also the parts in photo 1 do not include the proportioning valve if you it is off of a disk drum car

I think they did not finish bending the 2 lines on the 2nd photo to save space in shipping.

But...

The distribution valve for 67 front disk/ drum brakes is different that the combo valve for the later model disk brake cars.

That MIGHT be the reason the lines look different than the original 67.

Also the parts in photo 1 do not include the proportioning valve if you it is off of a disk drum car

Thanks for the quick reply. With a little bending the lines matched up pretty good. It just got me thinking that the lines I removed may have been something custom bent by one of the previous owners.

3650BF17-C667-4B39-A959-FD5CFC5CBA13.jpeg

Your original M/C lines don't look correct. Your new M/C lines look more correct but need more bending to form a loop.

Your original M/C lines don't look correct. Your new M/C lines look more correct but need more bending to form a loop.

Thanks Murray, after installing the new ones they tuck out of the way a lot more than my old ones. I’m pretty sure the old ones were fabricated by a previous owner.

-
Back