Brake line kit / prop valve for disc setup

-

robjkc

Reaction score
I'm doing the 73-76 disc swap on my 64 dart and am needing brake lines. I called finelines and they can sell me a kit but it only works with a delco type combination/prop valve as seen here:

http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/172-1361-brake-valve.html

I was thinking I'd prefer to use the Original mopar type valve but they said their premade lines will not work with it.

They assured me that there wouldn't be much difference between the valves so I may just get the kit with the valve.

I guess my other option would be to make my own lines and use the original type valve.

Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just sent my brake lines to Fine Line as a pattern for them. They are of a 1966 Barracuda with power disk brakes and I had all the lines for the residual valve and proportioning valve also. I have my old lines back and with new SS lines too. Good Luck Jay

I just sent my brake lines to Fine Line as a pattern for them. They are of a 1966 Barracuda with power disk brakes and I had all the lines for the residual valve and proportioning valve also. I have my old lines back and with new SS lines too. Good Luck Jay

Thanks Jay! I may ask them about a custom set as well.

If I use their premade kit it only works with the AC Delco style valve as shown in the first picture. I'd like to use the mopar valve as shown in the second picture (inlinetube.com). Not sure if there would be any difference in braking performance. Maybe I'll give inlinetube a call tomorrow.

Attachments

• delco.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 179
  • mopar.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 179
I bought all new brake lines from inlinetube. I'm very happy with their product, but I skipped on buying their prop valve due to cost and used my old one, so I can't comment on the quality of theirs.

The set I sent had the original 66 style valve and it does not look like the one you show. Look at a 66 parts book if you can.

The set I sent had the original 66 style valve and it does not look like the one you show. Look at a 66 parts book if you can.

I just ordered their steel brake line "kit" today without the valve. Bob, the owner, said the delco (gm) style valve they use with their kit could be found cheaper on ebay. After talking with inlinetube today they stated that there is not real internal difference between the mopar and gm style valve as far as performance goes. I'll post how things work out with this setup.

Thanks all for the help!

-
Back