Brake line question

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I am having problems bleeding the lines properly. The lines to the front brakes run on the firewall above the MC and wondered if that could be the problem. Is it possible the lines wont bleed properly when they are above MC? The MC is new wilwood tandem setup and I can pump the pedal up but once I release the pedal I have to pump up again to get enough pressure in the lines. Any ideas?

I am nearly certain the lines need to be below the master.

Not sure on above the m/c part.....did you bench bleed the m/c??????This makes a huge diff....which I am sure you know...just asking

Yes it was bench bled but maybe didnt get all the air out. I have pumped out the air on every wheel at least 5 times. You would think any air would have been pushed out but maybe the lines above the MC are trapping some air.

Also recheck all your fittings to make sure it isn't sucking air...I know they make a pressure bleeder, which you will have to sell your first born to buy it......They also make a suction type bleeder tool...also known as a vaccum pumper thingy tool.LOL...you can use to adjust your carb and check egr for vaccum cool yool.....which is like 40.00 at your local parts house..I have one if you want to pay shipping both ways...I am at 13801....

Sounds like you know your stuff,but,I'll just throw this out there.A few years ago I bought a '75 Tradesman boogie van cheap and the guy I had bought it from had the same problem with his all brand new brakes.Bled-out okay but needed a few pumps to restore pressure again.It turned out that the front calipers were installed backwards (left on the right and right on the left).
I bled the system 6 or so times before I realized the bleed screws were on the bottom instead of the top!
Gotta love mother mopar for allowing everything to bolt together so well!
I hope this did'nt help you at all.

p.s. I agree with the thread,brake lines above the master bad.
Good luck.

-
Back