brake line replacement

-

plymman

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone replaced the left front, dist. block to flex hose, steel brake line on a 69 a body with 10 inch drums? If so where did you get one? Locally no prebent lines are available. Ordering one from Dante's got me the wrong one (2) thing sent from Inline tube. Sending them back got nothing but a credit and notice that was all. Right stuff detailing lists one that is 2 piece, don't know why it would be 2 pc. and the pic. looks diff. than what Inline sent and diff. than what is on the barracuda. Any ideas? Thanks....r.

try inline tube 800-385-9452..... if anything other than OEM stuff on your car, be sure to make it real plain what you have.....

there are 4 co that bend this stuff, I had a run of bad luck with 3 of them recently..... but these guys fixed THEIR mistake, no hassel!!!! anyone can make a mistake, BUT a good co. will fix their own mistake NO problem!!!!

another co, is right stuff....

you can bend your own , get some standard stock a large 1/2" socket & one of the cheap tubing benders this will work until you find the correct company for the pre -bent stuff, Lawrence.

Actually that method is still being used on a 62 valiant I used to own, I used the old line as a pattern.

one thing I like about the prebent stuff is the armour ( the twisted wire around it where it will rub). some people like to bend their own, the line is pretty cheap. I guess every shop should have a double flanging deal.

if your engine is out, its a lot easier to deal with trying to make the line that goes to the right side.

I was using line form all these companies 20 years ago. I guess I had some bad luck with some of them. the corrected line came today from inline tube. nice people, fixed it pronto. the line they originally sent ( the long from to rear) line, was for a dart not cuda, 5 in too long due to whellbase difference. we all make mistakes.

what I dislike is when a company screws up and gives me the finger. sorry to mention you Classic Industries, fine lines, and classic tube> DUH????

-
Back