Brake Pedal Push Rod

-

cybrtygr32

1967 Ratfish Fastback
Reaction score
Okay guys, I hate to ask a question on here that has been beat to death, but I searched and couldn't find what I needed (on brake pedal push rod), so here it is:

Going to install a 73 Duster Power Master Cylinder (no booster) with 15/16 bore on my 1967 Barracuda Fastback. Will the existing brake pedal rod on my 1967 Barracuda mate to the larger master cylinder? I have also seen great discussion on which brake hose to use. I haven't purchased them yet. Calipers are on the front of rotors and the 67 Cuda has the brake line mounting bracket just rear of the rotor on frame ( I know you all knew that). Will the stock 1973 Duster hose work (long enough)and not bind up on lock to lock or rub shock area ( I haven't purchased any yet)? Thanks in advance for a reply, you all are a wealth of Mopar knowledge.

I have the same question but on a 65. Converting to Kelsey Hayes disc but would prefer not to use the 72 vacuum booster. I'm told the 15/16" power disc master cylinder from a 73 duster will give me reduced pedal presure but increased travel. I'm willing to try it, but need to know what to do for the push rod.

Your going to need a manual brake pushrod if your going to ditch the booster.

We are fighting that same thing in the AM. Master Power; stops good, but pedal too low. I think it is the rod length, not the ratio.

-
Back