brake reservoir cap rubber

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
can someone point me in the right direction as to where to find the rubber gasket that go under the master cylinder cap on a 73-76 Duster and Dart Sport. for some reason both the ones on both cars are leaking. I tried to buy one back a couple of years ago for the Dart and it didn't fit. I think it was a Dorman, not sure. I can post pics if needed of these.

I guess nobody has ever needed one of these. I will just buy the whole master cylinder. problem solved.

Bill, I got mine from Summit Racing earlier this year. I'll see if I can find the part number.

Bill, please verify it is the correct one for your application. It was the correct one for my 77 W200 and I believe it will be the correct one for yours as well since I compared my 73 disk brake MC to my truck MC and it appeared to be the same. It is a Dorman 42069. You may want to try your local auto parts store first as they may have it in their help section, but I doubt it. If not, they may be able to get it for you next day if they have it in their warehouse. If neither of those options work, Summit Racing has it; that's where I got mine.

Attachments

• Dorman Master Cylinder Reservoir Cover Gaskets 42069.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 143
thanks Brad, I will give that a try. according to Summit, that fits a Ford. but it fits your Dodge. I guess it doesn't matter as I have Ford brake drums on here.

I found the new rubber to not really be rubber, and constantly leaked. I found one on a mid '60s car in decent shape and used it, leak stopped. It's actually real rubber.

Zombywoof, that isn't the right gasket. That 42069 looks like what I am looking for.

well hope you find the proper fit. i just happen to see it there as i was doing a little research . good luck

I picked up this 42069 gasket today and it isn't the right one. it is too small. The number on the old gasket is 52034. cant find anything on that so I guess it will have to be a new master cylinder that has the gasket and all.

-
Back