Brake upgrade questions

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Ok, here's the scenario. I bought the disc brake assemblies from a 73 Dart Sport to upgrade the front of my 64 Barracuda from drum to disc. I also have an 8-3/4 rear to get rid of the crappy 7-1/4 that was in it. I want to upgrade the rears from drums to discs, also. in doing so, if I put aftermarket discs on the rear and keep the disc assemblies I have for the front, there will be a markedly different appearance difference between front and rear. I need a consistent look betwixt the axles.

Any suggestions on what kits to get for front and rear to standardize look between front and rear?

kinda a rookie at this stuff, so any and all help would be appreciated

FF

No they will look a lot like. Go with dr diff on the rear setup and get the 11.75 caliper bracket from him as well. Oh and you'll need BBP axle for the 8.75 year, dr diff can help you out there as well.

I have bbp in the 8-3/4 now. you say the Dr Diff rear disc assy's will match pretty good with the front disc assy's???

FF

Thanks!!

Checked out the Dr Diff stuff, nice.....and not as painful on the wallet as Wilwood!!!!

FF

Also, the 76 A body used the larger piston calipers the bigger cars used. These will give you more front bias.

i went with the 11.75 c-body rotors on the front with the ar engineering caliper adapters for wilwood calipers on the front. they were only $150 ea. then i used wilwood rear disc kit also. over 30lbs of weight loss in the front brakes alone. rear i lost even more.

-
Back