Brand new Auburn Limited Slip, something missing?

-

Zwap

Reaction score
Bought a brand new newer opened Auburn 542051 but shuoldn't there be any preload springs?
Like on the package?

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

Is there any Auburn without preload springs?

The problem is that I bought here in Sweden about a year ago but didn't have the time to mounted it. This winter i was planning to mount it but when I packed it up I notice that there was no preload springs or spring retainer mounted, it looks just like an open diff
The reseller claim that they have to be contacted whithin 12 mounth to use warranty.
So I must fix it by myself.
Is there any chanche to buy these preload springs and spring retainer? any partnumber I should search for?

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmm..............brand new newer open box or open end?

No guarantees........
Chrysler 8 3/4" Diff Service Kit | Auburn Gear Aftermarket

Never open box.

Yes, I found that but couldn't find a partnumber and they doesn't seem to ship to Sweden...
Thought that maybe Summit or Jegs could have the parts I'm looking for but haven't found it.
Is there anyone here that could help me?
Maybe someone that have a broken 542051 (Chrysler 8 3/4 Auburn diff) who can sell the springs and retainer or someone that have the partnumber I'm looking for?

I would say that if you E-Mail Auburn,ask to send them the photos.I'm sure they would help you solve the problem.

I can't find any Auburn e-mail adress, just a contact formular and no options to send photo.

I just went to auburngear.com In the upper right hand corner is a "contact us"
It has a page to fill out and ask your question.

If its an open diff, gears should turn. If they turn a set of springs wont help.

If its an open diff, gears should turn. If they turn a set of springs wont help.

What do you mean?
Without the preload springs and retainer the Auburn is an open diff, so I think it will help with a set of springs and retainer.

Last edited:
I just went to auburngear.com In the upper right hand corner is a "contact us"
It has a page to fill out and ask your question.

Yepp, I've wrote a question to them, let's see if they answer it...

Finally found that it could be Auburn partnumber 541022, now it seems to be more simple to find...

Last edited:
Yes, and a lots of pictures show the same preload springs and retainer.
I finally got an answer from Auburn and they confirm that I should buy the Service Kit 541022, but they also state that all LSD from them is tested for torque bias, well this (and perhaps others) actually didn't.
In the end it turns out to be an expensive diff for me.

prov_2.JPG

Sad but it happens. Starter from Jegs,Bad.Broken internal wire. Cost was 63 bucks. 30 bucks to ship it back for a replacement,and shipping to return it back to me another 30 bucks. Just fixed it myself. Another was a timing chain cover for a big block. Ordered from a Mopar resto parts dealer. They dropped shipped from a vendor.It was for a big block alright,a big block CHEVY !!!!

Sorry about your trouble Zwap. I learned a hard lesson a long time ago to inspect everything as soon as it comes in so if there's a problem you can get it warrantied

Especially inspect IMMEDIATELY if you live in a country different from the origin of the part. Hard lesson.

Well, the recomended from Auburn custom service, Service Kit 541022 I bought from JEGS (which I payed alot for with shippings and import charges) was about 0.100 to wide to fit in the diff, now I'm getting really tired of this, I've wrote a mail to Auburn, let's see if they answer...

Got an answer from Auburn and it looks like that they are going to help me, lets wait and see...

-
Back