Brand of primer do you guys use?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Okay guys bodywork is done!....It's time to primer the car. The car was sanded down and not taken to bare metal. What kind of primer and what brands are some good ones to use? Im looking at something in the 150 dollar range for a gallon of primer and catalyst. Thanks guys ps looking for a Urethane primer not acrylic.

SPI. Good stuff and will not break the bank. Another alternative is Slick Sand by Evercoat, or Clausen's One for all polyesters. The SPI stuff will however shrink just like any other 2K, as where the poyesters will not.

LINK: http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com

For epoxy coat I tried the kirker from autobody tool Mart which worked good and I use feather fill as a filler prime. It kicks *** and sands real nice. Good luck man

Ive used Transtar for years with no problems. What type of primer depends on what you plan on doing next. What I would do is spray some epoxy to seal the old paint and filler Then spray some polyester primer for blocking. Block the car with 180 till its straight. Then spray some 2K high build and wet sand it with 400 wet then 600 wet. Then sealer and paint.

Or you can do it the cheap way and just spray some 2k High build and do all your blocking with that.

Transtar quick prime is about $120 for a gallon set up.

Ive used Transtar for years with no problems. What type of primer depends on what you plan on doing next. What I would do is spray some epoxy to seal the old paint and filler Then spray some polyester primer for blocking. Block the car with 180 till its straight. Then spray some 2K high build and wet sand it with 400 wet then 600 wet. Then sealer and paint.

Or you can do it the cheap way and just spray some 2k High build and do all your blocking with that.

Transtar quick prime is about $120 for a gallon set up.

I think we were going to prime sand and then seal and paint. I will check out Transtar. The primer he usually uses is 300 but I dont have that kind of money for a primer right now.

-
Back