Branson Collector Car Auction

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to this auction over the weekend. Saturday it was all over the board. The '70 340 4 spd Swinger sold for $18,000. The '71 440 GTX stopped at $25,000, and the '66 Chevelle was mine. It stopped at $21,000. I sold it Sunday for $22,000 after fees.
IMG_2823.JPG
IMG_2822.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG

im surprised the GTX even got up to 25K
i wouldnt trust anyones mechanical skills if they put those wheels on there
(except for little boy blu, maybe)

but that is just a huge turn off

20 inch TorqThrusts??? Hard to find anyone that does restos and not use 20 inch wheels. I still use 15 inch wheels, and tall tires but I am OLD

We can now days see 6o's chevy 1/2 pickups with the resto rod thing bring more than 6 pac 70 Challengers at BJ!

20 inch TorqThrusts??? Hard to find anyone that does restos and not use 20 inch wheels. I still use 15 inch wheels, and tall tires but I am OLD

We can now days see 6o's chevy 1/2 pickups with the resto rod thing bring more than 6 pac 70 Challengers at BJ!
And obummer was elected...twice
Just because "everyone is doing it" doesn't mean it's a good idea
It might he where the quick money is (staying with our political analogy) but it ruined the platform

Nice Swinger :D Chevelle? Ehhh :poke: Jus funnin'. I like those Chevelles.

I mostly help finance that Chevelle. My body shop buddy did most the work. Freshened up original car. Only showed 14,000 miles, that we couldn’t verify, but the paper tags are still on the rear coil springs. No rust, all original and tight front end parts. Really is is straight slick car.

I didn’t like the wheels either, but the car really was pretty nice.

We discussed the modification stuff too. I think it did hurt several cars that I think would have done better if more original.

I rarely ever watch BJ but it is on MotorTrend channel a LOT. I care less about those types cars, but it is nice to know what is really going on in the old car hobby in general. I watch the car shows on MotorTrend and 99% are about shops doing a custom on everything from the 20's to the 80's cars, and pickups.
I see prices on these auctions for some desirable stuff that seems low, but they never give much info as to if original # car or a clone or what.... and no way to tell the extent of workmanship on TV!

-
Back