Bringing old friendship together

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We all know it's easy to move on with life and seem to sometimes loose touch with friends, except by phone :-k
We (Treva and I) have many great friends here and they/We all need to stay in touch now that our children are out of the home
So :happy1: We called them and ask if we could commit to one day a month each (Sunday) to give to our self :-k
This is our month (yes we are first) :cheers: so we will have them here on the hill and enjoy some good food and yic yack/tell lies exetra!! :D:D

This is something I think many folks could use in there life, I know we do and they do to I think :-k Me being the elder I am right :D:D lmao

Well this thread should last a long time because I will share my monthly met's with pictures here starting tomorrow :shaking2:

I am grill'en :blob::blob::blob: and going to help my friends chill here on the hill :eek:ccasion: and may even enjoy some :rock:

Happy Friday everyone :hello2:

ps... Than you sugar britches for this great idea sugar britches =Treva

Mike that sounds like a great idea. When the tornados came through here last year I took my trackhoe and helped people I had never met before. The first day I left my equipment and lowboy over there which is in next county from me (about 20 mi) so a couple of the guys were going to bring me home but we had to go by and eat first. It was my first time meeting these people but it has turned into a weekly deal now. One of the guys lets this 83 yr old lady live in one of his houses and her rent is to cook for his friends every Thursday night. Man, she puts out a spread of fresh veggies and meats and desserts! Last night after eating we shelled 6 bushels of peas while shooting the breeze and telling jokes. Mrs Gay calls me every week and tells me to be there for supper. There is usually 15-20 eating with her every week. Although I didn't charge for my work I am blessed to have found a great community that still acts the way it was as I was growing up. Keep it going, Joe

Wow!! What a great thing you have to look forward to and I bet the sweet ol lady enjoys preparing for it.. and looks forward to this day yall give her :cheers:
Will do Joe, This will get us together more and realize we should have dun this a few years ago, but the other couples children just moved out to collage in the last year or two and we use to spend every Strongend (weekend) together playing music or camping together, We all agreed it's been to long and it's time to enjoy at least one day a month away from the norm :D

I hear ya! Have a very very good friend moving out of town soon and will need to make plans to stay in touch.

After many, many years I started back competing in a sports event this summer. One of my best friends from my home town, who I hadn't seen in 16 years, drove down with his wife to come and watch me. Can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me.

Made a call 2 days ago to another old friend I havent' seen. Going to drive home to visit him this Thursday. As part of the phone conversation the name of another old friend came up. Turns out he's living in a small town along the way. Called him up and the plan is to pick him up on the trip and the three of us will all get to visit for the first time in many years.

And that ends my Hallmark moment.

I hear ya! Have a very very good friend moving out of town soon and will need to make plans to stay in touch.
When they move out of town it makes it harder I bet, These friends live in town and have been very busy raising there children :happy1:

After many, many years I started back competing in a sports event this summer. One of my best friends from my home town, who I hadn't seen in 16 years, drove down with his wife to come and watch me. Can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me.

Made a call 2 days ago to another old friend I havent' seen. Going to drive home to visit him this Thursday. As part of the phone conversation the name of another old friend came up. Turns out he's living in a small town along the way. Called him up and the plan is to pick him up on the trip and the three of us will all get to visit for the first time in many years.

And that ends my Hallmark moment.
Wow!! What kind of Sports event Train ? I know first hand that as we grow older we still need competition in our life :cheers:
Sounds like a great Hallmark moment :cheers:

Well I have started my loins and doing one dry rub and one zesty :happy2:
Here is my update all the way to cleaning my grill :happy1:

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 048.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 174
  • My Day 8 3 02 058.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 174
  • My Day 8 3 02 056.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 159
  • My Day 8 3 02 054.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 165
  • My Day 8 3 02 053.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 164
  • My Day 8 3 02 051.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 182
  • My Day 8 3 02 049.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 171
Your right Mike,it makes it very hard but with things like facebook we can at least stay in touch.Not the same as being there,not even as good as a phone call but it do's fit within my limited disability budget!

Sucks when folks you love move on,but this is life...

Your right Mike,it makes it very hard but with things like facebook we can at least stay in touch.Not the same as being there,not even as good as a phone call but it do's fit within my limited disability budget!

Sucks when folks you love move on,but this is life...

You are so right :cheers: I did not even think about the face book thing :-k
So true, but don't get me wrong :happy1:
I enjoy hearing from them and all, but you are write :cheers:
It was fun tonight :cheers: and it was a hart filled evening :happy1:
We all know my loins was Peerrrrfect :D so I won't go on about that :D

Here is to all the folks out there
that would love to give there self one day for there self :-k
I guess I/We see the need and this is the first step to being :happy2:

I told you all that I would have a night on the hill
bringing folks together..
And face to face not on face book :cheers:
Good point needsaresto :-k
I am so glad you brought that up brother :happy2:

We will start were I left off :D, and yes!! What a night :cheers:

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 065.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 156
  • My Day 8 3 02 063.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 143
  • My Day 8 3 02 075.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 132
Your turn :D

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 072.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 145
Get back out side!!! I said ok

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 070.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 127
Good times, good memories Mike. That's what it's all about.
Thanks for sharing.

Good times, good memories Mike. That's what it's all about.
Thanks for sharing.
We are so happy we did this tonight Johnny.. It stayed on topic
know next month they will have us over :cheers:
Just a quit night a on the hill making plans and dreams :happy1:
We all need dreams I think :-k even if they sometimes don't come true :D

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 071.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 129
-
Back