British-Made SOLEX 1BBL on a '66 Dart 170ci (WTF!)

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Someone has really screwed up my '66 Dart somewhere along the line...

P1010897.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010899.jpg

SOLEX - British Made! :p

Oh while im at it... saw a crack on the exhaust manifold (hope can be welded)
P1010898.jpg

P1010877.jpg

P1010878.jpg

took the transmission apart and gave it a good clean...

P1010886.jpg

Cleaned the head and grind the valves... and seats...

P1010880.jpg

P1010881.jpg

Number '65 was stamped on both LH and RH side of the transmission... so i assume this is a '65 trans on a '66 body...

Will update more later :)

From what I can see of the tailshaft in that one picture, it appears you have a 66 or later transmission. The 65 and earlier had a mounting flange for the ball and trunnion.

From what I can see of the tailshaft in that one picture, it appears you have a 66 or later transmission. The 65 and earlier had a mounting flange for the ball and trunnion.

I think its a '66 too, coz the tail shaft extension seal is "booted" like this:

P1010885.jpg

Only '66 - '72 has this type of extension seal rite?

Good luck on welding the exhaust manifold. I've never seen a weld last longer than a few months. As for your date code on the trans.....it was cast in '65 for the '66 model year.

Good luck on welding the exhaust manifold. I've never seen a weld last longer than a few months. As for your date code on the trans.....it was cast in '65 for the '66 model year.

Well it is cast iron and i live in Malaysia... i have the only Slant Six in the whole country :(

To ship the cast iron manifold over would be fun ($$)... speaking of that, anyone has a decent exhaust manifold with no cracks?

Thanks.

Syed

Well it is cast iron and i live in Malaysia... i have the only Slant Six in the whole country :(

To ship the cast iron manifold over would be fun ($$)... speaking of that, anyone has a decent exhaust manifold with no cracks?

Thanks.

Syed

Post it up in the want ads here on the site, Im sure someone can get you one fast

-
Back