Broken and unbreakable bolts HELP

-
Ok good news the bolts tie the exhaust pipe the manifold haveet their demise (manical laugh).

I cut one of and bought broke me back loosening the other with brute force.

I am going to a machine shop with it to get the broke bolts out.

Next question replacement bolts? Stainless graded or what?

Congratulations! I hear that stainless bolts have issues seizing up but personally can't confirm that. I usually go back with Grade 8 bolts with high temp anti-seize. Once you have repaired everything you shouldn't have to split the two manifolds again, just remove them as an assembly.

I want to say thank you everyone that helped with this issue. I got the exhaust machined to remove the broken bolts. He also leveled the mating service between intake and exhaust and adjusted the heat riser. I got everything back together and properly torqued down.

When I got in to start her up she came right on and interestingly enough the tachometer was 300 rpm's above where it had been previously. I thought that was a bit weird and then it occurred to me the minor exhaust leak was also an intake leak. I adjusted the rpm's back down and took her for a spin. Totally different. The car has ZERO hesitation, quiet as a church mouse and SOO much more power.

So I guess all the work I have done to try and get it to run more comfortably totally made the difference once the leaks were fixed.

I want to say thank you everyone that helped with this issue. I got the exhaust machined to remove the broken bolts. He also leveled the mating service between intake and exhaust and adjusted the heat riser. I got everything back together and properly torqued down.

When I got in to start her up she came right on and interestingly enough the tachometer was 300 rpm's above where it had been previously. I thought that was a bit weird and then it occurred to me the minor exhaust leak was also an intake leak. I adjusted the rpm's back down and took her for a spin. Totally different. The car has ZERO hesitation, quiet as a church mouse and SOO much more power.

So I guess all the work I have done to try and get it to run more comfortably totally made the difference once the leaks were fixed.

Glad to be of help and to hear you accomplished your task. It is amazing what fixing leaks will make happen.

Okay one last question. I tightened everything down cold do I also want to tighten once hot or only cold?

-
Back