Broken Bolt in Water Pump

-
So, I start throwing everything back on the Cuda last night and just had to change the t-stat. I had sprayed the housing bolts down during the week as well. Long story short: Without very much pressure at all, I snapped one of the housing bolts.

Tonight, I go to extract it and snapped the extractor in the bolt. After throwing a temper tantrum, I decided to leave it alone for the night and here I am. Is someone above trying to tell me something? Pics below:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Yes, change your water pump and t-stat more often! :D Sorry, I couldn't help it. At least the T-stat bolt is in a easy place to get to.

I use to buy into the ol' "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" philosophy but now ... all this sh*t is breaking. ;)

Re: the t-stat bolt. I also thought it wasn't too bad since it was easy to get to. That was ... until the extractor broke off in the bolt. That's what you see in the pic.

You can use my new plasma cutter to remove that bolt, no problem... :)

Looks like you'll be spending some more time with a pair of vice grips and a propane torch.

You can use my new plasma cutter to remove that bolt, no problem... :)

Looks like you'll be spending some more time with a pair of vice grips and a propane torch.

Perhaps, but for now, I am spending some quality time with a Primo beer and a Philly Cheesesteak. ;)

BTW: I just noticed your p-cutter comment and all I have to say is ... SUFFER! ;) Maybe I will bring it down to Spring Fling and cut up some sheetmetal in the Airtel parking lot and at the show if I can tap into someone's generator.

Take a die grinder to the tool steel til flush, and then try to drill it out. 1 bit size at a time.

-
Back