bucket seat location

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
I'm putting buckets in my 72 Demon but the driverside seat seems to sit pretty far away from the center hump, this car was orignally a bench seat. Do I have to relocate the mounting holes to use bucket seats?

Yes the holes for the bench seat are not used . From the factory these holes had rubber plugs in them when the car came with bucket seats. Also the inner holes had a large flat peice of 1/16 thick steel 3" by Around 4" to support the seat. If you look under the car you will see where the outer holes are drilled. They have a brace coming off of the rocker. If you want I can take pictures tommorrow. I have a demon and Duster here that came with factory buckets. The cars are apart and you can clearly see where they go. 75 an 76 have a different drivers side floor pan for the cat. and take a different track on the inner drivers side seat. 67 through 74 are all the same location for the tracks. Tracks are different but will work year to year 67 -74. Steve

should be dimples in the floor. as long as you have the proper seat brackets just drill where the dimples are and they will drop right in. you should brace the holes closest tot eh hump on both seats since its only single layer at those holes..

i have the dimples marked with black marker.

seats038.jpg

i got these from the net. pretty cheap..

DSCN6191.jpg

i got these from the net. pretty cheap..

Yeah, but now that I need them, I can't find them... :(

They look fairly easy to duplicate, but I'd pay the $20-30 to buy 'em outright. Anybody have any sources?

-
Back