Bucket Seat Rails/Tracks

-

Soren

Reaction score
I found a pair of bucket seats for my '63 Dart GT (I really only needed one). The problem is that they don't have the tracks.
Ok.. two questions...
Is the proper term rails or tracks?
Will any rails/tracks fit them or do I need to only look for early a-body tracks/rails?

I call them seat tracks, but the factory calls them seat adjusters.

Pretty sure 63-66 A-body tracks/adjusters will be what you need...

66 are slightly different because 66 had a completely different seat frame and measurements.

your best bet is 63-65 A body ...they are kinda rare and might be a bit costly when you do find them but there is nothing like original parts that fit the way the factory intended.

Good luck on your quest, I just went through this for my 63 Valiant so i can say that it will be really cool when you get it together :)

Last edited:
Good grief... $285. PG Classic 3840-ARH Mopar 1970-72 A-Body RIGHT SEAT TRACK | eBay They're for 70-72 Darts anyway. Maybe it's just me, but that seems to be a lot.

yea, they wont work for a 63.

It's easy to get sticker shock with items like that but at the end of the day, it isn't too bad.

Consider your time ...by the time you hunt some down, then most likely a 40 year old part will have rust and possibly be bent.

By the time you sandblast and repair and test fit and repair some more..........I like having my time so I would just as soon buy a new crisp part ready to bolt in with no problems and if it's not right, just send it back and get a new one.

don't give up, someone is bound to a have nice set of tracks that you can use, just don't get sticker shocked too bad.....plus remember, once its bought and installed, its a one time deal

mopar or no car brother

-
Back