Bucket Seat Tracks - Body and Year Questions

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
I have a 71 Demon I am looking to put bucket seats in. I have found E body Seats and Tracks, but they do not fit? I also have a bench seat with the tracks. Questions:

1. Is there a combination between the two I can use to be successful?
2. If not, what year A body Seat Tracks will I need?

3. If 1 or 2 do not work, anyone interested in trading or purchasing E body tracks?

Bucket seats were standard in the Es, so those tracks are a lot more common & they will not interchange.

The tracks in As changed for the 1970 model year & again during the '71 model year.

But 1970 up A tracks will work up to 1974 or whenever it was when they modified the floor pans for the catalytic converter.

EDIT to add more information & photo;

This is a set from a 1970 A-body, so if you compare them to the E set you have, you can see the differences.

1970 a-body seat tracks better set.JPG

Last edited:
That's why people want good money for the a body tracks...
I could have swore somebody was re popping them but still not cheap...

Last year at the swap meet in April I got a set of Spirit of 76 buckets with tracks that were in pretty rough shape.. they were pre 75 tracks on what was obviously 76 bucket seats.. they were terribly pitted the painted over to try and conceal they're rough shape.. but they seem to work fine.. I paid 200 for the buckets and the tracks which I thought was a steal... but add the 350 that I'm having reupholstered work done now and at 550 for a set of buckets it's starting to add up...

Check with Classic Industries. I was missing the tracks for our bucket seats. And was able to get them from there. The outer tracks bolted right in and just had to drill for the inners and fasten in the mounting plates.

All - Thanks for the input, yes these are like finding hens teeth...

44067 - Thank you! That is not a terrible price either, where are you from in Nevada?

-
Back