Bucket seat tracks

-

70-duster

Reaction score
I have a 73 duster that was an original bench seat car that I am putting buckets in. I had a set of seat tracks laying around that came out of a duster and look just all the pics I see, however, when I tried to bolt them in, the inside track is like a few inches off the floor and the outside track sits nice and tight. Is there something I'm missing, could I have the wrong year seat tracks? My 70 duster seat tracks look close to the same. Was there a difference in the floor by any chance?

Did you drill new out side holes? or do you have 75-76 seat tracks

Attachments

• duster 3170310.2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 296
Also I think the buckets came with spacers to put between the tracks and the floorpan and the rear side. I used a 1x6 piece of wood, but looks like I need a 2x4 on drivers side. Nothing on pass side. So 1 1/2" spacer on drivers rear holes. But then again- that's my car. I have no idea what year my buckets are out of.

I know my seats are out of a 73, and here is a picture of the seat tracks that were laying in the trunk of the 73 when I got it.

Attachments

• duster seat track.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 300
I believe you need these spacers, I think these factory ones were aluminium but there are plastic reproduction ones available.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 282
Those spacers won't be tall enough. It's literally 1.5 inches or more off the floor. It is only the front of the inside track. The back of the track is sitting on the floor.

that might be a 75-76 seat track, I believe the floor was shaped a little different to make room for catalytic convertors

Those seat tracks look right. Are you using the bench seat outer holes ?

Those seat tracks look right. Are you using the bench seat outer holes ?

I just realized that was the problem. I looked a the previous pics and saw that I have to move the seat track to the inside of the hump. I'm retarded. Thanks for the obvious problem.

-
Back