Bucket seats for Duster

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
First I want to say "What a great site".I'm new and very impressed.
Now... Have a 70 Duster 340 want to replace the bench with buckets, Where can I find a set of bucket seats aftermarket or used? Yes I've looked at them on EBAY ,I'm just looking for other avenues.Can't find aftermarket anywhere.... Help....:hello2:

Good luck! I did the same search about a year ago. First there are no aftermarket seats available. Second you will need tracks that fit your car, 70-72 Duster/Demon. I don't know about the Dart/Swinger stuff but it is probably the same.

Mopar used the same "high back" bucket seat frames in the 70-72 A-body and 69-70 B body cars. Start searching for those parts!

Replacement upholstery materials are readily available.

Same reply I've put in other threads concerning bucket seats...
Myself and the guys at local fab shop have devised a way to convert bench seat tracks to bucket seat tracks.
If we are going to meet the demand (appox. 1 set of 4 pieces per month) we first need good affordable cores. There are 2 types of a-body bench seat tracks. One with steel rollers and cages / one with ball bearings in plastic cages . Either will work.

There are two seat places I read about a couple months ago in one of the Mopar mags. I know this is one of them I can for the life of me remember the other one, I thought it was pro seats, and if it was it looks as if they are out of business now and they website is no longer up and running. But these guys also sell the brackets as well as seats... www.seats4cars.com/

I bought these the other day after someone on here posted a link. Think they are 73 or 74 b body seats. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=160182033387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

First I want to say "What a great site".I'm new and very impressed.
Now... Have a 70 Duster 340 want to replace the bench with buckets, Where can I find a set of bucket seats aftermarket or used? Yes I've looked at them on EBAY ,I'm just looking for other avenues.Can't find aftermarket anywhere.... Help....:hello2:

Look at a company called ProCAr by Scat, the same company that makes crankshafts.You can get them through Summit.I have them in my Cuda and am well pleased with them. They also have or can fab the brackets for you. This is the website
You're looking at around $300 per seat and $65-75 per bracket depending on which seat you want.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/index.html

ProCar is the company I was thinking of!! Thy had some seats in a Charger in Mopar Collectors Guide

Hey Keith,
I had seen your post right after I posted. I have the Elite seats in my car. They are real nice and comfortable and the only thing that might cause a problem with some is that they are only suitable for someone with a 40 inch or less waist. They kind of wrap around you and can get a little tight if you are pushing the border line like myself! The Pro 90s are nice and they don't wrap around.
WYODUSTER if you have any question email me and I'll try to answer them for you. I'm a dealer for Procar and have a direct line to their tech dept.

Thanks for the information!! I am assuming the Rally series are the same as the Elite in regards to thick waist lines :) Is the $300 a piece the same price for most of the seats? Last question are the brackets adjustable, as far as front and back positioning?

Thanks for the information!! I am assuming the Rally series are the same as the Elite in regards to thick waist lines :) Is the $300 a piece the same price for most of the seats? Last question are the brackets adjustable, as far as front and back positioning?

I'm sorry Keith I have the Rally's in my car not the Elites. The Elites are a bit cheaper around 270-280 with out checking, the Elite seat looks like it would be more forgiving in the waist . As for as the brackets go they are made to fit the vehicle and are not adjustable but the seats come with the sliders so thats where the adjustment would come from.
If you want to go in depth with the specs on them PM me or email me at [email protected] or call 434-575-RACE(7223)

X

My buckets are from a 1972 Challenger which I got at a car show cheap. 'had to drill a couple hose and used two about 1.5" spacers but got them to work.

Just something to consider at a car show...

Ah musical seats... I had no idea how hard it was.

The seat debate will most likely go on through the ages, however, there are a few questions to answer to help you decide on the path to buckets.

1. stock or custom? If you answered "stock" quit reading and refer to previous replies.

2. if you answered "custom" you have to answer. How much customization can you handle? almost any seat can fit in any car with enough imagination time and skill.

3. How much can I spend? this will most likely be the deciding factor as it was for me. I picked up a set of manual adjust dodge avenger seats for $65 at the junk yard with tracks. (only problem is getting them to bolt to the car.) If money is not an option send some my way :) .

I had to state all of that. it is amazing how little I had planned/budgeted through the whole project.

As for tips on mounting seats from other cars, here is what I did.
1. measure the hole pattern for the seats you like.
2. try to use at least one hole from the old config. If you do you can measure out from the one hole and mark locations for the new seat.
3. tack weld in some threaded stock.
4. thread a nut with a washer down onto the post. now you can place the new seat down onto the stock and use the nut/washer to raise/lower and get the position you are looking for.
5. (this is the fun part) use some cardboard to make templates for the risers and fab the metal parts. I actually left the threaded stock in place and slid the risers I made down on top and welded them in, not the prettiest thing in the world but, it will end being covered by the carpet anyway.

Disclaimer:
the views and opinions in this post are not necessarily the opinions of management and or this sites staff.. use at your own risk.. mileage may vary .not responsible for coffee spilled in your lap :thumblef:

Actually on mine Procar sent the wrong bracket(68 Cudas have 2 bolt patterns) so what I did was unbolt my brackets and sliders from the original seats, redrilled one hole on each end of the sliders and bolted them to the new seats. That made the bolt pattern about 1/2 inch to narrow for the hole in the floor pan but all I had to do is loosen the brackets from the seat a little and spread them out until they went into the holes, bolted them down and then retighten the sliders on the seats. worked like a charm. Again that was on the Rally seats. I don't know for sure but I would think the holes should already be in all floor pans that were not originally equipped with buckets. If not just make sure you put some reenforcement under them so they don't pull out.

-
Back