Bucket seats question

-

dustergal

Memberless Member
Reaction score
How much space is between the front bucket seats on an early Dart? Could someone take a measurement for me? Thank you

Not a lot of space - took a couple of photos of my 65 Barracuda. I was going to use a set of 65 A Body buckets with a buddy seat in my 65 Dart wagon and there's not enough room for the buddy seat. 66 Buckets are not nearly as wide and the buddy seat fits with room to spare.

Attachments

• steering wheel 001.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 149
  • steering wheel 002.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 164
Thank you!! We were hoping to slide a center console between them but it looks like that ain't happening.

You could make something custom to fit.

Yeah, we have a base out of a later A-Body but it's pretty wide...we'll see what we can do. I just don't want it to look cheesy, lol

Yeah, we have a base out of a later A-Body but it's pretty wide...we'll see what we can do. I just don't want it to look cheesy, lol

Years ago I tried squeezing a later A console in my 65 GT and got it to fit but it was tight up against the seat frame and being so tight, I couldn't move the seats back and forth. Guess it wouldn't matter if you didn't need to move the seats.

I confirmed with Legendary that the 66/67 seat bottoms were quite a bit narrower than the 65 and earlier seats. I had a set of 66 cores and they're about 3 inches narrower. The 68 B Body buddy seat I have fits in-between the 66 seats with room to spare. No pictures as I have everything out for re-upholstering.

-
Back