budget duster.

-
About time i found the build. Looks good so far. Im not much older then you are. Im 25 right now and i cant wait to get back to my build. Im going to keep a good eye on this one, you have some of the same plans i do for my little dart sport

I cant wait to finish my dads DUSTER so I can drive the fastback love the D bodys

Looks Great! Kudo's for going fast on a budget! it isn't the easy way. But then, not everyone can do it either.

havent touched the car all winter. plans for spring are:

install 2200 stall
front disc brakes
matching wheels
install exhaust (flowbasterds super 40s)
gerneral overall tune up.

next winter i will start bodywork. gotta replace the rear tail panel and a lower patch panel. already got a new pass door for it. also gotta replace all the glass

thanks! its always good to hear that.

thats why i like this group, most of the guys on here arent too worried about numbers matching b.s. build it good and have fun with it.

a friend just bought 2 833 4spds the other day. he said he`d sell one to me, so im thinking next summer slappin the 4sp in it.

for now im looking for the upper control arms so i can go ahead and swap to disc brakes. i got fbody spindles, calipers, booster etc. i just need 73 and up abody UCAs.

next couple of weeks im gonna swap my victor intake on, ou the stall in and get the exhaust on. after that the disc brakes, and hopefully before summer is over get 4.10s on and put my M/T et drag radials on.

next winter when i start bodywork ill out my magnum heads on

been doing alot of work on the car. got the disc brake swap done, installed a 2400 stall, put my new victor super intake on, got the timing and carb tuned in, also found some 70s m/t valve covers, and got some keystones for it. also got my flowmasters on. this week im getting hoosier d.o.t drag radials for it and 4.11 gears. pics to follow as soon as i find my camera.

got a new duster. its a 60,000 orig mile 74 gold duster. stock 318 2bbl, power steering, power brakes, and the a/c has been converted to 134 and it works. its my new daily driver. i bought it pretty cheap too. some comarison shots of the new duster to my 72. also did some things to my 72.

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044-1.jpg

these pics were taken on campus at vincennes. i have both cars with me and i daily drive them to class and work.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: brakes went out in the gold duster on the way to class. didnt hit anything. i dont mind driving my black duster to class but theres no wipers or heat. and its piss pouring rain. looks like im gonna walk today. or drive with my head out the window. theres also a 15 in hole in my hood for the scoop. the joys of daily driving old mopars.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: brakes went out in the gold duster on the way to class. didnt hit anything. i dont mind driving my black duster to class but theres no wipers or heat. and its piss pouring rain. looks like im gonna walk today. or drive with my head out the window. theres also a 15 in hole in my hood for the scoop. the joys of daily driving old mopars.
PM me if you have 9" drums up front, I have a spare set of 9" brake cylinders I'd gladly give to a fellow broke-*** college student :toothy10:

Nice 74! and like the way your going with the 72.

What went out on the brakes on the 74?...booster?...master cylinder?
Cant be that big of a deal....

Nice cars!! I like the Keystones!

Been working on the gold duster. fixed the heat, wipers, lights etc.. also got new seats for the black duster. sold the cavalier seats and got 71 camaro buckets for it. i know its not mopar but they were free and they look similar to duster buckets. they look better than cavi seats for now.

oh, i forgot to add...

I BOUGHT A 440 FOR THE BLACK DUSTER! it also came with the 727. ran when pulled. came out of an rv. i got the longer tailhousing and output shaft ad a trans go kit new in the box for free. the engine and trans cost $300 all together. i havent ate in a few days because in broke now, but it is well worth it.

ill post pics when i get it home in my shop. its at a buddys now. also ill post up the new seats.

got new wheels for the gold duster. factory rallys, buddy gave them to me. i sand blasted them and painted them a light champagne color (paint was free too). i think they look alright. next is a new fender and bumper and exhaust.

also, on the black 72 i recently got a 440 steel crank motor and 727. gonna build that and stuff it in the 72. tomorrow i might take delivery on a 71 demon. old man knows what hes got but also knows his time is running short. said i could have the car if i prmise to keep it and restore it. its been sitting for a decade but looks solid. its butterscotch with stripes, blackout hood and dual snorkel scoops. im so pumped i havent slept in 2 days. i havent seen the motor, old man says its a 340 but i wont be sure til i check. best part is, my buddy put a bettery in it and some starting fluid and the damn thing fired up. ill post more tomorrow.

new wheels:
1-21-12033.jpg

Ralleys really improved the looks.
14" or 15"?????

My first duster I put 14" on with 235/60's and it had the same stance and look.

Well, it's been a year or two since I updated this, so here we go. I gutted the inside of the black 72. Sold the gold 74'. Moved to Arizona and worked at a shop in chandler restoring mustangs. Moved back to bedford after 8 months. I had my duster in az and blew the motor. Now I've got a steel crank 440 from Winnebago that's going in. Got the 440 mocked up and waiting on new fenderwell headers. Also added 15x10 cragars out back with n50s and 14x6 up front. Pics to follow

-
Back