Budget floor pans project.

-
Looking good dartfreak75. Not sure what size flux wire your running but if it’s .035 bump down to .030 for sheet metal you will have better results. I understand using what you got, because I do that to. But if you make a run to harbor freight the Vulcan wire is cheap and works pretty well. Don’t forget to grab the gas-less tips as well. Keep it going you will be done in no time.
Yea I'm running .030 I'm out of my good stuff I'm gonna order some more and some new tips on payday. This stuff im using now is ok for spot welding but is garbage for anything else. I cant run a bead for **** with it. Do you prefer the Vulcan over Lincoln wire? I had been running Lincoln. 035 and it did pretty good for me.

Got the foot pan in I'm taking a break for a min this is absolutely the hardest part yet. I'm having a horrible time getting that 90 degree bend its about 50 now and I'm calling it good haha my arm is tired from beating on it.

20200414_193422.jpg

Looking good dartfreak75. Not sure what size flux wire your running but if it’s .035 bump down to .030 for sheet metal you will have better results. I understand using what you got, because I do that to. But if you make a run to harbor freight the Vulcan wire is cheap and works pretty well. Don’t forget to grab the gas-less tips as well. Keep it going you will be done in no time.
Well crap looks like I'm done till I get more wire ordered! :BangHead:

20200414_194750.jpg

Yea I'm running .030 I'm out of my good stuff I'm gonna order some more and some new tips on payday. This stuff im using now is ok for spot welding but is garbage for anything else. I cant run a bead for **** with it. Do you prefer the Vulcan over Lincoln wire? I had been running Lincoln. 035 and it did pretty good for me.
I went from Lincoln.035 to Vulcan .030 and having better luck. So far I like the Vulcan but I also bought some expensive weld through copper primer.

I went from Lincoln.035 to Vulcan .030 and having better luck. So far I like the Vulcan but I also bought some expensive weld through copper primer.
I welded the front pan with the Vulcan you recommended I like it alot! I'm running .030 also it's the cleanest easiest welding out of everything if tried thus far!

-
Back