budget plan : 1974 barracuda 5.9 swap efi

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
like the thread sais.... iwas wondering how much money i needed to save up for al this swap , my cuda runs and is functionnal with a 360-4 barrel and a833 4 speed , but i just bought a 99 r/t dakota rwd and planning to put everything in it , including , a/c ,46re trans , cruise contol , radiator , efi of course , pcm , etc and all the wiring , ive spoke with technicians and nobody knows how much our it can take , i can do the rough myself like installing the trans and motor but need a pro to install everything and plug it and eventually make it functionnal , so i built a lot of caburated mopars ... been there done that , but never installed a efi engine and all the accessories , i have the time and money for now..but how much and how long !!!

thx a lot !

You have a complete vehicle to swap from

The wiring might take some time but you should be able to do it with good documentation when disassemble of the Dakota

Most everything will be finding the place to mount computer. Depending on how the gas pedal is (drive by wire or still controlling throttle body) but that you should be able to do with Dakota parts.

Just don't get 1/2 way thru and give up. If you need help try and get it before the build starts and have 2 parts cars to sell

Have no clue on cost but it will almost ALWAYS be more than expected.

I would like to put a EFI HEMI in my Dart, just don't want to spend the money.

-
Back