Build date question

-

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Pretty simple question; how do I find the build date of my dart?

If you have a fender tag the Scheduled Production Date is easy to find.

Second line from the bottom, last three digit code on that line, should be followed by a 6 digit code.

ok. and how do I decipher it? also, I do have the build sheet. would that code be on there?

If you have the original engine you could look on there. I think it tells you the year, month, day and day or night shift.

I think.

First digit:
1-9 = month If A, B or C
A = October
B= November
C = December

Next two digits = Day of month

I don't see a tag like that one. I have this one though...

fendertag.JPG

Sorry. a 67... bottom row last three digit grouping.

9/20

Ok, thanks dude. one more question though. would that be sept 20 of 67 or 66? They would be making 68 model year by sept of 67 right?

Yours is a 67, the last year that Chrysler kept the build information. Send them $45 and they will send you a letter along with a copy of the build card.
http://www.chryslerheritage.com/pg904.htm
The scheduled day of production for my car was 5/31/67, which is the date that was placed on the fender tag, but the car was actually shipped out on 5/26/67. Both dates are on the build card.
Apparently, the scheduled date was just that, but most cars were produced prior to that date.
Which makes sense as it was ordered, and other parts on the car support that, like the assembly date on the engine of 5/23/67.
So, my assumption is the car was completed the same day it was shipped.

-
Back