Build plate decoding

-

SassyGrass71

Reaction score
I'm just full of posts tonight. :D

First off, if this is in the wrong place. I do apologize. Was not sure where to post it.

Ian and I tried to decode the build plate over a year ago and ran into some of the codes not matching up. Cant remember which ones now, so I thought we would get some help from the collective. :) The little secondary tag just says F R A M E.

TIA

Attachments

• build plate 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 109
VL29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

G1B: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

340795: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D13: 3 Speed Manual Transmission-Floor Shift
FJ6: Green Go (Dodge), Sassy-Grass Green (Plymouth) Exterior Color
L1XX: Trim - Low, Unknown, White/Black
TX9: Black (Dodge), Formal Black (Plymouth) Int. Door Frames
325: Build Date: March 25
232935: Order number

http://www.jani-immonen.net/decoders/index.html

VL29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop
FJ6: Green Go Exterior Color
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
FJ6: Green Go Top Color
U: USA Specifications
G15: Tinted Windshield
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
FN1: Unknown

VL29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop
FJ6: Green Go Exterior Color
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
FJ6: Green Go Top Color
U: USA Specifications
G15: Tinted Windshield
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
FN1: Unknown

that would be EN1 not f EN1 end of first tag...and in this case only tag.

WoW !! Thanks everyone. That was quick AND informative. It was the tinted windshield, remote mirror, radio, and stripes that I could not figure out. That and the little tag that says "F R A M E".

Now about the stripe, if you look in our restoration thread you can see it. We have looked at a lot of pics and have not seen that particular one on another car. We are not going to try and replace it so that isn't really an issue.

All the codes match up with what is there, nothing has been changed over the years. Interior has no white in it, and never has as far as I can see. Half the county seems to have owned this car at one time or the other and I have talked to just about all of them. lol

Oh, and what would the sport mirror look like?

Just notice the l1xx code. both decodes show unknown. This is low interior almost taxi cab style. Did this car come with no carpet but with the rubber floor mat instead? Also another perfect example of the factory fender tag procedure in the paint area of the plant. tag screwed on to inner fender one screw, right side. Tag bent upward so painters could get paint under tag. You can still see the crease on tag in upper right hand corner. Down the line clean screw was placed on left side after tag bent back down. please, please place tag in very safe place( fire safe,etc) or even better put back on fender. Many a tag has been lost this way. its your car's birth certificate....

Just notice the l1xx code. both decodes show unknown. This is low interior almost taxi cab style. Did this car come with no carpet but with the rubber floor mat instead? Also another perfect example of the factory fender tag procedure in the paint area of the plant. tag screwed on to inner fender one screw, right side. Tag bent upward so painters could get paint under tag. You can still see the crease on tag in upper right hand corner. Down the line clean screw was placed on left side after tag bent back down. please, please place tag in very safe place( fire safe,etc) or even better put back on fender. Many a tag has been lost this way. its your car's birth certificate....

It came with carpet. I found remnates under the sill plates. As far as the tag goes. It is in a ziplock baggy in my dresser drawer and will be cleaned, painted and installed back in its place sometime in the coming week..

WoW !! Thanks everyone. That was quick AND informative. It was the tinted windshield, remote mirror, radio, and stripes that I could not figure out. That and the little tag that says "F R A M E".

the other tag, the strip tag is torn. it would have some additional information on it. I think normally they were about 4 inches long.

the other tag, the strip tag is torn. it would have some additional information on it. I think normally they were about 4 inches long.

Would that by chance be where the Rally wheels would be mentioned? Everyone I have talked to that has owned the car said they were already on it.

Oh, and that must be where the trunk mounted CB antenna code was at also. :)

the aluminum tag is an inspection tag. at "stations" along the way inspectors made their check that they were responsible for and 'snipped" off their part of the tag. Tag was five or six inches in the beginning, by the end of the line what's is there is all that is left..

Would that by chance be where the Rally wheels would be mentioned? Everyone I have talked to that has owned the car said they were already on it.

Only the built sheet would tell you for sure if the car came with rallyes. Off the top of my head Bottom of broadcast sheet in the middle, w 21? can't remember without looking it up to be sure...

No build sheet anywhere. Headliner was in ribbons, rear seat was gone and carpet was cut out.

dont forget the truck monkey.

I have seen a few of these never had a chance to decode one my 73 challenger had one. I think from what I have read it was body shop or paint information not additional accessory codes.

-
Back