Build sheet code for KH disc brakes?

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend figure out whether the currently-installed disc brakes on a '69 Cuda are original to the car. Mostly, we are unsure whether the master cylinder is correct or not as it appears to be for a drum application. I'm not clear on what factory KH disc brake-equipped cars would have had for a master cylinder. The build sheet code under the "Front Brake" category box is 12. The CL/BRK pedal codes are 52/2

I asked him to pop the master cylinder cover off and see if the front brake reservoir is larger which should indicate it is a disc brake master. Still waiting on him to verify that.

Also, would the distribution block be different than a drum-only?

Thanks for any input.

Look a couple rows down in the B section, there should be a 41 in the brake box, B41 should also be on your fender tag.

Alan

Unfortunately, no fender tag. It's a '69 Barracuda 318 2bbl, 4 speed.

On the build sheet on line 6 under "B brakes" it says H/Duty or Disc which is code 11. Hard to see but its there. Not sure what that means.
build sheet.jpg

Without verification of the size of the reservoirs, I'm still fairly certain this is a drum brake master.
master.jpg

My friend says the car stops fine but the pedal is hard and has very little travel.

#5 post is the correct M/C for disc brakes, the M/C in your picture is not correct. The original M/C on "A" bodies look similar but are actually 3/4 size of "B" and "C" bodies. Almost impossible to find an "A" body still wearing its original M/C as most have been replaced with the larger "B" M/C's which function fine. Since I have done a restoration, the only way to get an original appearing M/C was to buy NOS. The distribution block is the same for drum/disc but disc brakes will a proportioning valve.

Unfortunately, no fender tag. It's a '69 Barracuda 318 2bbl, 4 speed.

On the build sheet on line 6 under "B brakes" it says H/Duty or Disc which is code 11. Hard to see but its there. Not sure what that means.
View attachment 1715916312

Without verification of the size of the reservoirs, I'm still fairly certain this is a drum brake master.
View attachment 1715916307

My friend says the car stops fine but the pedal is hard and has very little travel.
That is a factory drum master.

B11 is drum brakes

B11 69-71 H.D. Drum Brakes 10" - Auto Adj. (A-Body)

Alan

That is a factory drum master.
B11 is drum brakes
B11 69-71 H.D. Drum Brakes 10" - Auto Adj. (A-Body)
Alan

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately this car has been victimized by wayward hands, there are all sorts of dubious things going on. Thankfully it's not mine but rest assured all the questionable "work" will be made right.

For future reference that code would need to be 41 for disc brakes, correct?

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately this car has been victimized by wayward hands, there are all sorts of dubious things going on. Thankfully it's not mine but rest assured all the questionable "work" will be made right.

For future reference that code would need to be 41 for disc brakes, correct?
In 69 the code for disc brakes was B41

Alan

This is from 67 dart factory KH front disk for what ever it's worth
Screenshot_20220425-131620.png

-
Back