Build yourself a 1968 GTX clone on eBay........

-
I typed the VIN into my post, just so it stands a chance of google turning it up as a fraud in the future.

Googled this ebay seller's phone number and saw what he has for sale at Moparts...
Now is it real or not?

1969 CHARGER 44K MILES SURVIVOR - $35000 firm!!! colors is Y3 sun gold yellow
ONLY TRADES WOULD BE UP$$$ TO A SIXPACK 70 B BODY or 69.5 SIX PACK CARS NO PROJECTS!! THANKS 727 709 5457

1969 Charger 383 Magnum. AC PS Numbers Match Unrestored Original Miles SURVIVOR !!! 2 Broadcast sheets.Never restored or repainted ever!!! $$$ 35,000 firm!!!!!!!!!! Orig paint zero rust ac still blows cold 44k orig miles one owner garage kept must see to believe .Original title true survivor car drive anywere zero issues true time capsule.I have tons of picks top and bottom tons of history. PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY TRADES WOULD BE UP$$$ TO A SIXPACK 70 B BODY or 69.5 SIX PACK CARS NO PROJECTS!! THANKS

I get a kick out of that guy. He encourages people to turn a Satellite into a high dollar GTX, and commit fraud. But in his mind it's ok because he said God bless.

I know this is not legit for a resale of a car. But if you have a /6 a-body with a V8 in it it is just as illegal . If you were to hit someone your insurance would not pay if they found out you modified the car.

And if you were to to the engine swap legally . You would need to get a reconstructed title and it would have to pass today's emission standards.

So it is a catch 22. Someone with a 68 Belvidere that has installed a 440 should have a vin for a 440 to legally insure the car without the hassle. But to sell it as a GTX would not be right.

How many of us told our insurance co. that we put 340's in our /6 Valiants and Darts. Probably not any.

I did when I gave them my VIN for my Duster. It States it is a H code. 340 car and I am paying the insurance for what the car is. Not a /6 low dollar premium with the high dollar risk.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Yep; I'm with you on this!Rebodied/remanufactured/rebuilt/built like I wanted/built it like he or she wanted it/used all AMD panels/Dynacorn/used all new parts.Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

After seeing the add for the barracuda VIN I guess I see your point. Fixing your wrecked car isn't the same as buying numbers to make one that you never owned.

My Duster is my original car repaired using a 69 dart front clip and a dart sport roof with quarters off of another Duster. The numbers from the Dart are still on the rad support..

The car will never be original it is tubbed caged. and modified as a prostreet. Its been 4spd, auto, A/C , Non A/C, even a big block at one time

I would hate if someone would steel it and put another VIN on it. Probably what happened to my 69 R/T.

I am starting to see what you are all speaking of. Fixing a car you own verses making one you never had at someone else's expense.

I bought my Duster years ago. I crashed it and I fixed it more than once. It has been 4 different colors. Bahama yellow, Sassy grass, White , and now ford orange. But it has always been mine.

Pics of Me and my Duster 30 years ago. I got it when my dad was killed and my son gets it when I am gone. I don't think there is a number on this car that matches. But It will never leave the family.

Attachments

• back1[1].jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 86
  • scan0012.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 76
  • scan0011.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 68
  • scan0001.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 80
-
Back