building a garage this fall

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
No more keeping my dart and cutlass in the farm shop, no more dirt, no more fighting rodents, no more risk of getting hit, no more supplies scattered around. Going to have a three bay affair next to my house. Can't wait.=P~

what year cutlass? got any pics. my brother is a cutlass guy.... 76 salon...

what year cutlass? got any pics. my brother is a cutlass guy.... 76 salon...

'71 Cutlass S. Both cars in my photo gallery.

I'm pricing a 24x36 building with colored metal. If it doesn't cost too much extra I'll go a couple of feet deeper. It'll serve more as storage and for minor upkeep/repairs. A paint booth would be nice.......but then again so is a happy wife.

No matter what size you decide on, it's NEVER big enough. :-D

Congrats on the plans! We want to see some construction **** pics along the way.

I built a 30x40 last fall to keep our two Darts in plus a small workshop. We now barely have enough room for the Darts.

finished_8x11.jpg

If you run out of space .......

Dining rooms are great for storage............

................... And climate controlled!!

I'll post progress photos as soon as construction starts, sometime this fall. I'm still waiting on a bid.

Yeah, my single days........cleaning parts in the kitchen while drinking beer.

Good luck with the shop. As with engines, there is no replacement for displacement, so build it big enough. Once you have the ends on it, the added middle length isn't very costly. I am in process of building a post frame shop now. About ready to put on the sheet metal. It has been a long summer working on that and not having any time to drive or work on my Mopars. At least they will be close to house instead of far away in winter storage.

The only thing I could add is make sure you have a high bay for a lift. That sure would comes in handy.

lets hear the price,,,,, im debating on weather to add on to my one car,, or build a seperate unit,,,one car in a trailer,, one in a small garage,, work bench in a back yard shed,,,,full of parts,,,

Still waiting on the price. My neighbor/contractor is busy adding on to the local grade school and the bricking crew is holding him up. I'm hoping a 24x36 with electric and ceiling will come in under 13k. I'll plumb the propane myself.

I could go with one of the big companies to build it but want to price it locally first.

Are You Thinking Enough Ceiling Height For A Lift Some Day?? For A Car You Can Get Away With 12 Feet, With A 2 Post Lift,,unles Your Really Tallllll

I think you need 14' to clear a car with the hood open

No car lift or high ceiling needed in this one. This will be next to our house and used more for storage and service/minor repairs. We have a 60x100 farm shop where all the heavy lifting(big work) gets done.

I'm personally excited about having a place for my cars. Since having the cutlass done it's been a dissapointing struggle to keep it in shape and I've been hesitant to do more to the Dart.

I see Tony's new place is coming along, looks good.

-
Back