Not open for further replies.

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
318 with a fully ballenced forged bottom end (.040 trw forged slugs, shot peened 340 rods with arp bolts, 273 commando crank), fresh set of 915 j heads (set up with mopar red valve springs), wieand stealth intake manifold (was brand new when installed on this engine), crane 272 energizer cam (also was brand new with this engine), 340 windage tray. It has probably around 500 miles or less on it since being built, had 75 psi of oil pressure when cold and 50-60 when warm. It's painted Chrysler red. I just went with magnum in my car because I wanted to go roller with the cam. I literally just pulled it like a week and a half ago, and it needs to get off my porch. I need to get $800 plus shipping, if that's what you need to do, out of it. It has thousands in the bottom end alone.

I also have a 904 that was behind this 318 that you can have for an additional 75 bucks, it worked well but could use a rebuild down the road.

I would have posted it more than a month and a half ago when it was still running in my car, but I had a guy here locally offer to buy it while I was still driving with it, and even put down $100 to hold it. He was going to put it into his turbocharged Plymouth Volare, but he completely flaked out and stopped talking to me. I finally got a hold of him yesterday, and he gave me the thumbs up to sell it to someone else.

It's probably around 300 HP with a good exhaust and decent carborator. Thanks for the bump!

Bump! Someone needs this thing somewhere, would be perfect for a little boost... Or spray.. Or to just drive and have a good long lasting engine.

With these 1.88 J heads, not being cc'd or anything, assuming they are 74cc chambers (worse case senario) the compression would be 7.7 to one. But it ran really strong, so I could be wrong.

I need this thing gone!

This sounds like a great deal on a very solid bottom end motor. Lots of potential for little investment. I wish it was closer to me also. How 'bout some glamour shots of the motor Rocker to entice potential buyers?

Best of luck selling it.

Does the crank have a pilot bushing in it? Do you know the trw piston#? Sounds like a nice motor. Do you have any idea what shipping would cost to Philadelphia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back