Status
Not open for further replies.

gen2hemi

former ASE knuckle buster
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is a running-in-the-car transmission setup for my hemi (650 ft-lb) that I am pulling to do an overdrive trans. It has approx 1200 miles and no racing on it since a complete rebuild by Pat Blaise (Tflite Patty)
  • Blueprinted Hemi 864 converter (8 bolt crank) with needle thrust bearing and brazed fins - stalls 2800 against my motor
  • 6 disc front drum
  • Bolt in overrunning clutch (sprag)
  • All new metals and HP friction material
  • TCI Cheetah 71-up style standard pattern valve body with part throttle downshift
  • TCI monster cast aluminum deep pan (+3 qt)
  • Detailed sand cast case painted Eastwood Alumablast
  • All receipts

This is a very solid 727 for a high torque motor and street performance. To go racing or for a small block you will want a different converter.

I will palletize and crate and no charge, or will deliver free in Seattle-Portland corridor.

$1500 + shipping

Inquire PM or [email protected]

Attachments

• TCI pan.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 261
Probably tuff to get better pictures in the car. By chance did you take some of the unit before installation? What kind of shifter did you use, and is it included, or available?

Two shifter options.

1. I have a complete slap stick out of a 70 Challenger (will work in any E body). Everything from the console plate to the tranny, incl shifter, bezel, knob, rods, bellcrank, pivot, trans arm..
Fully restored COMPLETE, see picture (everything but welded-on tunnel brackets) $400

2. Hurst Promatic 2 custom with pistol grip. One off, this shifter has won me several car shows. It is a cable operated stock Promatic that I severed the handle and built on a pistol grip from a Harms retrofit pistol grip. The handle was rechromed with a deep nickel layer in a strike process that left a stunning pistol grip with Hurst logo, operating a modern cable operated 727 shifter. It is setup for standard pattern but can operated reverse pattern valve bodies as well. Because this shifter is cable based it will work in any 727 or 904 car and give you a cool pistol grip. It has carbon fiber grips currently, but I will also trade for walnut grip - your choice.
Unique and complete, see pictures $500

Attachments

• DSCN0322 (Medium).JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0022 (Medium).JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0042 (Large).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Chall slapstick 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 219
You referenced a small block usage:
Is that possible? I thought 727 trans had big block pattern or small block pattern, but not both?

I could be wrong.

Different 904 and 727 bells fit LA 273-360 and B/ RB blocks. B/RB cranks and therefore flexplates differ too.

OK, I'm confused too... the bolt pattern for a big block is different than a smallblock bellhousing, so how can they interchange? (the last time I thought I "knew" something, someone here proved me wrong, so I'm hoping to learn something here too!) Meanwhile, heres a bump for your thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back